• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Objective opinion (not whats better) Corbeau sport seats or Toms

bcmbcmbcm

Loc.
Wellington Fl
Hey folks,

I really like the look of the Toms seats. Some people here seem to really like them. But I can't ship any seats back easily if I don't.

I was thinking Corbeau sport seats. But...I think I like the look of Toms better.

Anyway, does anyone have any thoughts as to the objective differences? Like strength of the frames? Foam comfort? Weight? Height? Any subtle differences?

I am looking to pull the trigger before too long. The black friday deals have my name on it.

Thanks!

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
Are you getting the Sport seat that reclines? I have not sat in Toms, but I did get off Craigslist and install a set of suspension fixed back Corbeau Sport SS's in the hillbilly buggy.

http://www.racing-seats-usa.com/corbeau-baja-ss.html?Wsm-section-filter=undefined

Super comfortable, very very light weight, you should also get the Baja adapters which made it quicker and easier to install. The mount tabs on the seat are vertical, making a set would not be that hard either. I was in a rush to mount the seats, so I just ordered the adapter/sliders.

They mount very low to the floor with those adapters. Nice and wide 4 pt seat belt slots, they sale a seat saver cover also.

http://corbeau.com/other/accessories/seat-saver.html

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York
I got the corbeau sports seats last year. These are very confortable, I got them with the corbeau seat adapters and sliders. The driver side fit with no problem, the passenger side did not fit the stock mounting holes. I got in touch with corbeau and ask me to send back the adapter along with a template that matched my mounting holes. Turn around time was about week and fit the mounting holes perfect. Those seats look great on the bronco too. See my garage for pictures.
I got them from one of the four wheel stores, free shipping.

Last edited:

Dfroman

I replaced my toms reclining seats with mastercrasft Baja rs
I really liked the toms seats, I only replaced them because the previous owner had them sitting out in the AZ sun for a couple of years and they were a little faded.
As I said, I liked the toms, but after sitting in a suspension seat.....the toms feel stiff in comparison.
I have zero experience with the corbeau's

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
...the passenger side did not fit the stock mounting holes. I got in touch with corbeau and ask me to send back the adapter along with a template that matched my mounting holes...

Good to hear. Seen a few of those come through and wasn't sure if our comments made it through channels to the right person or not.
Since you're an end user (their most important client!) and gave them a template, I'm hoping they've kept that correction for all current versions.

Paul