• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Odd header question

pocketlock

So I have an odd question I wanted to ask and see what everyone's opinions were. I am finally getting back into looking at my full width 44/9 swap and I know that my current long tubes are going to be in the way on the driver side. Trying to do this on a budget for the time being (staying short arms, reusing what I can for now, allowing the coils to bow for now). In the idea of cheapness, I can't currently afford another set of headers. I do however have an extra set of foxbody headers. I was curious if I can swap just the drivers side over to the fox shorty header and run a long tube on the passenger side for the time being. Never heard of anyone doing this but can't see it being a crazy issues either. Figured i'd see what smarter people than me thought of this.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I would run a matched set. Cut and modify the fox body for the passenger side, it has been done before.
I would worry about some inbalance where the long tube could get into some scavaging, but you are doing an uneven balance. The firing order isn't even side to side. The mix and match will run. But there may be strange tuning issues.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i have a Lopo motor that has the Lincoln logs prob cheap if you can find them and tuck in nice flow prob not great but better than cast iron mani s

Attachments

• IMG_1190.jpeg
    IMG_1190.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1193.jpeg
    IMG_1193.jpeg
    188.9 KB · Views: 14