• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

One Guy's word, others?

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
"...Originally a “Delivery Model” (Not an official Ford label, more of a nickname)..."
New one on me~
What is that?
A wagon w/bulkhead?
'S almost like "Pre-Runner" (EB w/5.8 motor), "1/2 Cab" (mine, but done to different yr) or "LUEBer" (lifted uncut early bronk)?

Where else but here...eh?
Thnx !

chuckyb

Contributor
yeppers, my understanding is a delivery model is a wagon with a bulkhead, and since it has a bulkhead, no back seat. Mine came with a bench seat in the front, not sure if it could be ordered with bulkhead and bucket seats.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
This document shows one with buckets and a bulkhead. It mentions that a bulkhead is standard on all models unless a rear seat is ordered. That may have changed at some point.

f4ceb14a6f6b7bdad513aa1025e35bfd.jpg

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
"Pre-runner" is a style of build - it has nothing to do with the size of the engine.

As Slowleak's post shows, "Half Cab" was originally "Sports Utility Roof" but "Sports Utility (Vehicle)" got picked up by manufacturers as a generic term (SUV) and half cab caught on by Bronco enthusiasts to differentiate from SUV.

LUBr (LUBer, LUBE) has documented origins on the old BroncoFix site. Interestingly it originally referred to the person who liked Broncos lifted and uncut and not to the Bronco itself. As in "Are you a LUBE? Lifted Uncut Bronco Enthusiast?" This transformed itself over the years to LUBr to describe the vehicle.

Interesting bits of Bronco lore!

OP
OP
chrlsful

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
Thnx 4 coming to my aid (3 gentlemen) !

a 'wagon' never delivered w/a bulkhead,
a bench frnt seat all ways came w/a bulkhead,

justa few yrs earlier station wagon models in general hada "sedan delivery" model
which had no rear windows. For me the: "...The full-length steel roof on Bronco delivery and station wagon models fully encloses the unit and..." language used (esp since no capitol letters) is a descriptor rather than stating a model. Even still - I think I may call mine the delivery model, not by ford - when running w/the 'wagon top' and bulkhead. The Cj8 - only heep to own, is a fine example as "Alaska Postal' or "World Model" and would also be configured similarly if in my garage. Lastly I C 80 or R they 800 scout models - w/the over-wheel-well seats (each side) that have the bulkhead & the waist-high loop handles...but

I live in the NE us of a and like E. OR need more than a bed cover, only a driver's seat and the ability to carry/haul objects over 6 ft upon occasion (too tall 4 these 'wagon' covers).
CU on the e-waves & thnx again~

Last edited:

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
This chart calls a Bronco with bulkhead and no rear seat a standard Bronco wagon. If the rear seat is added, the bulkhead goes away and is called a Bronco Wagon with rear seat.

Attachments

• Bronco chart.jpg
    Bronco chart.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 88

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
This chart calls a Bronco with bulkhead and no rear seat a standard Bronco wagon. If the rear seat is added, the bulkhead goes away and is called a Bronco Wagon with rear seat.

That's how I like to refer to them as well. Personally, I've never liked the 'delivery' nomenclature.

Todd Z.

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
Has anyone ever heard a half-cab called a "wheelbarrow" model? First time I heard that I didn't know what the guy was talking about.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
This document shows one with buckets and a bulkhead. It mentions that a bulkhead is standard on all models unless a rear seat is ordered. That may have changed at some point.

f4ceb14a6f6b7bdad513aa1025e35bfd.jpg

Standard bulkhead because the bench seat was standard in 66', but like you said I'm not sure if or when that changed.

Has anyone ever heard a half-cab called a "wheelbarrow" model? First time I heard that I didn't know what the guy was talking about.

Nope never heard that one lol.

OP
OP
chrlsful

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
what is it?

Bama Boys have schooled me more'n once.
Bring it out. I wanna know 'em all (no matter how esoteric, off the norm, or even 'center field'). This IS the bronk spot after all~
;^ )

stout: my wild guess? a lift gate installed ina 1/2 cab (called "Sports Utility" model) rear window. (Duz NOT give me the impression ofa wheelbarrow tho).

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
isn't there only 3 registered models that are in the Vin number. U13, U14, and U15. everything else is just trim models.

OP
OP
chrlsful

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
"... 3 registered models..."
officially roadster, sports utility (1/2 cab), wagon
we have a forum (thread) some 1 runs to 'register' on that (ie trim package: ranger, explorer)

This wuz just my Qs abt the use of the term 'delivery' model ona
noter thread. I'll ck back abt this 'wheel barrow' one too.
'Its all good' to me - expanding my knowledge of the vernacular, the colloquial...

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
what is it?

Bama Boys have schooled me more'n once.
Bring it out. I wanna know 'em all (no matter how esoteric, off the norm, or even 'center field'). This IS the bronk spot after all~
;^ )

stout: my wild guess? a lift gate installed ina 1/2 cab (called "Sports Utility" model) rear window. (Duz NOT give me the impression ofa wheelbarrow tho).

I’m thinking wheelbarrow is just a reference to the small capacity of a halfcab bed compared to a full-size pickup truck....

OP
OP
chrlsful

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
w/a screen of one's choice above the bulk head its a winner (expanded metal, hard-wear cloth, big grill like some of the 'headache racks' or what ever is needed.
I used chain link fence there for awhile when usin it to get fire wood. Plywood inside for the glass protection too. Cab stayed clean/undamaged.