• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

One Piece Door Window kit

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
I'm not at all happy with the anti-rattle felts that were included in this kit. It could be that I don't have enough experience with installing these, but I just couldn't get them right but I'd also rather not have the chrome on them.

Anyone have a good anti-rattle felt recommendation for the window sills?

Guessing it can't be from a bronco shop since they need to be longer without the vent window, but not positive since it doesn't say.

I could call I guess if needed but I also don't want to order not knowing what they look like. WH only shows this:
1703088486543.png

wsager

Wonder if a fox body would work? Also, 69-70 mustang is quite long.

Last edited:

Wild horse 75

Loc.
BC
I'm not at all happy with the anti-rattle felts that were included in this kit. It could be that I don't have enough experience with installing these, but I just couldn't get them right but I'd also rather not have the chrome on them.

Anyone have a good anti-rattle felt recommendation for the window sills?

Guessing it can't be from a bronco shop since they need to be longer without the vent window, but not positive since it doesn't say.

I could call I guess if needed but I also don't want to order not knowing what they look like. WH only shows this:
View attachment 915704
Fat fender has a glue in kit for 67-72 C10 with one piece glass. They’re trim to fit. Not sure if they would work but they know broncos and might be able to give you an idea if they might.

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Yeah, I think they have to be glue to stick on because when you remove the vent window, there is no spot for a clip and that spot is loose. I could tape the one I have, but I just don’t love the chrome on it.

I’m also not happy with how the filler piece is in there and not sure if that’s something I did, but I’ll have to redo it before I do the pass side.

And thanks for the thoughts on the other felts. I’ll look at those.

Reservationcody

Contributor
So far behind I think I’m first
Loc.
Sylva
I ordered from onepieceproducts.com on Black Friday last year. Despite the promise of their sale, I paid full price. I emailed and asked to be sure I'd receive the sale price and the owner, Ben Tapia, responded, "We will apply the sale discount on all orders this weekend. " (Great...I thought).

The following Friday, I got a call asking if it would be ok if they sent the windows and kit and had the regulators drop shipped from NuRelics. I also asked if they could email me the instructions so I could be sure if anything needed to be done before paint, since my Bronco was having the finish bodywork done as we speak. "Daisy" said , "We are revising the instructions but as long as you don't mind not having the cover page, I can email them".

I said, "of course, no problem..., please ship and please email"

I waited. Nothing. Shipping label was created, but no package.

A week and a half later (12/13), I emailed and asked for an update on both the discount that still hadn't been adjusted, the discount, and the shipping. Owner responded in what seemed a rude way and he said I should have received the instructions (which I didn't) and that he told me that my discount would be applied after shipment (which he didn't either). I let him know he hadn't done either of those things and showed him our email chain with nothing but what he said the first time.

No response back, no package, I asked for an update on 12/29 to the owner, 1/9 to Owner and Daisy, 1/25 to owner and Daisy and no shipment, no instructions, no correction on price, no contact or repose with update after spending a whole lot of money two whole months earlier.

After getting no response to that one either, I called and spoke to Daisy. She thought that package had shipped despite my multiple emails telling her it hadn't. She put me on hold and went and checked their warehouse and blamed it on the Fedex guy that he never picked it up. Yeah, Fedex guy. I'm sure it's his fault. Fedex sucks, but you're sending the package, not fedex. I also asked about the instructions and this time she finally emailed them. I asked about the price correction and was finally done.

Sadly though, my paint was pretty much done by that time so defeated the purpose of me even buying them so early. I gave them the benefit of the doubt several times and just either assumed they were busy or unorganized, or whatever it might be, but...

I finally received the window kit and guess what? The regulators weren't in there. They hadn't had them drop shipped either. I had to let Daisy know and she sent them. After receiving those, I got the rest of the stuff out to see and guess what now? I paid for tinted windows and my windows were clear and not tinted.

You can guess they never responded to the multiple emails and I give up. These people suck. They are clueless. They don't know how to manage a business or deliver a product.

You could buy the windows from WH and then the regulator kit from NuRelics. You'd probably pay a lot less.

If you absolutely want their kit, you could buy it from carolinaclassictrucks.com and get it and not deal with those idiots directly. I bet you'd have better luck.

Is the product good? I dunno really. Seems nice but I have no interest in installing it as every time I look at the kit, I think about me not getting what I paid for and the horrible experience. I'll get around to it soon as I don't have a ton left on the Bronco, but I've never had such a horrible experience with a company and I spend a boatload of money on stuff online. In all my years, this one takes the cake.
I was looking at getting this kit from them. Maybe just got through carolina classics now!

Thanks for the info!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I wish somebody would update the design and get rid of the Felts and do rubber lips like modern vehicles. Better sound deadening, and when you roll the window down, it squeegees them semi clean and dry as well!
If our windows need more flexibility, maybe felt on the inside and rubber on the outside?

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
I wish somebody would update the design and get rid of the Felts and do rubber lips like modern vehicles. Better sound deadening, and when you roll the window down, it squeegees them semi clean and dry as well!
If our windows need more flexibility, maybe felt on the inside and rubber on the outside?
YES, THIS ^^^^^

Paul, that is actually what I’ve been looking at and was gonna measure to see what would work today.

I found this one that looks good:
https://www.rubbertherightway.com/i...QjQvE-INX6VBH5Tv5_b-LTKWrql1A8MkaApG8EALw_wcB

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
I found this one that looks good:

Funny I was going to post that company up but you found it before I had the time to post!

They seem to have a lot of options. Hoping that someone who has dealt with them chimes in.

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Funny I was going to post that company up but you found it before I had the time to post!

They seem to have a lot of options. Hoping that someone who has dealt with them chimes in.
I’m going to measure and and if it seems right order and make it work.

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
I see a lot that will work, just need to decide. I’m narrowing it down though.

I think ideally, I’d use one around 1/2” on the outside and 3/8” on the inside.

For the outside, this looks great:
https://www.rubbertherightway.com/i...s-inner-or-outer-1-13-64-tall-25-32-wide.html
Inside it could be either the one I posted earlier:
https://www.rubbertherightway.com/i...lexible-rubber-8-strip-3-4-tall-3-8-wide.html
Or this one might be better:
https://www.rubbertherightway.com/i...-felts-fuzzies-rigid-43-64-tall-3-8-wide.html

The rigid ones are pricey though so would suck to not work.

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Yeah, that’s prob a better idea than just ordering.

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Man, I gotta say, those are some NICE people. Why can't they all be like that.

I received a response about my samples, a couple that most use and a link to the full list. Was told to call when I decide and it's a $5.95 flat rate shipping for the samples. Yeah, def no prob since I usually pay more than that for stuff I actually pay for. THRILLED to be able to test fit some pieces before ordering.

They did say some of them cost a lot to ship the real part but Clayton said he put his card in there and to call him directly when I'm ready to order and he'll do his best.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That’s good to hear.
Always nice to hear about a company that’s willing to talk to you and work with you.
Quickly! :)

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Samples came today and of the 6 or so I ended up ordering samples of, my first two choices were the best. Better to be sure though!

10-164x
10-205x

Going to order 6 feet of each.

Also, to add to this one piece window thread, the little tab where the vent window goes is really annoying to keep in there so I cut it on the passenger side and just removed my window on the drivers side so I can do the same.

Not so easy to get to. Bent it a little and then used a hacksaw blade and gloves (no saw handle). Taped the door edges.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is excellent. Thank you for the inspiration. Any chance you can take some pictures? I have the delete kit and it’s working okay but could be way better. I just hate to pull the door apart again.
Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk