• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Online metal purchase/source

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I need about a 12"x12" piece of flat Aluminum or stainless in 18-14 GA for making a fold down dash, guage panel. I already have the piano hinge to do the job I just need the small sheet. Local place here will not do small pieces so I need an online source. Who do you use?

Amac70

ME
I would just try and find a local ss manufacture and try buy a drop. I know ive got 3 with in 10 miles of my house and i live in the stix's. another option is looking for a sign manufacture. or if you want i can cut you a piece of aluminium out of a sign and send it to you for shipping, i have a couple of old road working signs that i cut off, of. Probably a 1/8 thick material will have orange reflective coating on one side though. it will polish and it does paint fine.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
All the local places around here like atwoods and TSC only sell mild steel and Alum diamond plate. No local companies are interested in returning my calls about a tiny piece of scrap.

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I will cut and send you a 12"X12" piece of 1/8" aluminum plate if that is not too thick.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Ok, RJrobin is hooking it up like the good bronco brother he is so you can stand by for some Acid ectching on a custom fold down dash/gauge cluster.

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
I would find a road sign thats laying in a ditch on some road somewhere. Or better yet...make your own....lol

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
How does this sound, Clean and polish the plate, then at the bottom create a clear tape bronco script and dip it in acid, the rest of the plate should be matte finish except for the script. Then cut holes for gauges.

ScanmanSteven

Bronco Guru
You know that stop you're always running down there, well, just cut a section out of it, then you won't have to stop anymore. The script sounds cool, be sure to give us pictures when it's done.