• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Opinion On Seats Wanted

gsmalley

Hi All,
I'm looking to replace my front seats. I'm 6' tall and I am looking for the seats that fit best that will not raise my eye level above the windshield/roof line. I am not looking to buy new but I am wondering what seats fit the best ?
Thank You,
Glenn

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
I put some 1993 Mustang buckets out of a convertible, that fit nice and I did not have to do alot of mods. I did do a 3/16 tread plate over lay on the passenger side (level with the rest of the center section and dvrs side) and now I have a under seat storage area.

I did use the Mustang sliders, and do not have the passenger side full seat up option anymore.

Lhofkamp

Loc.
Santa Monica
Toms bronco seats reporting in.

FEELS CHEAP!! The seat flexes with every bump and the gears seem to be stamped sheet metal.

Id look for some rampage or even some best top seats if you are leanign fro resto mod

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Toyota Celica seats have been reported as 2 inches lower than stock Bronco seats.

Toyotas are common, so finding one in a junkyard should not be too hard.

Cortez

Bronco Guru
I put in seats from a 2000 grand Cherokee, but had to cut off the electric lift mechanism so they didn't sit too high. Otherwise I got the electric recline and lumbar.

tommyg

Contributor
I put Procar Rally seats in mine. They have a "stockish" look as they are not very tall, and they sit nice and low. I like the side bolsters, as they hold you in snug, but you do have to climb over them when you get in...

I'm 6 foot as well, no issues whatsoever with sitting too high.

jsd1dw.jpg

http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Procar_Rally

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Miata seats are very low. If you can find 2 passenger seats they will usually be in very good condition due to less actual use.

Dpearce

In the middle of a build now. Using bucket seats from a BMW 645 convertible. Cool in that they have the seat belt build into the seat, power and heat. Just modding the fit now - but they sit lower than stock.

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO
Corneas xrs from CCOR (vendor) free shipping! I'm 6'3 and I sit lower than stock