• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

original carpet color?

valveamp

Hello. I'm looking to get a carpet kit for my '71. The original interior is parchment color. My question, what color was the original carpet color for a parchment interior? I have the parchment vinyl in the back of my truck. I don't know if the entire floor came with the vinyl or the front was carpet. The front section of the floor is currently just the steel floor, painted the same color as the exterior, it appears. Frankly, I don't know if they came with carpet from the factory. Maybe it was vinyl or nothing. So far, I see black, grey, and tan as the the choices I have for the carpet. While I'm at it, any recommendations for a carpet supplier? Tom's claim is that their kit was made just for them to their specs.

Thanks.......

tmacstickman

The vinyl mat was in the front section originally as well. So, putting in carpet and choosing the color will be a personal preference. The good news is, you have a blank canvas and lots of color options. The bad news is, you have a blank canvas and lots of color options.;D Good luck! And post pics

OP
OP
V

valveamp

Yes, there are several choices. I went on the ACC website and they have lots of choices for colors and a choice of either loop or cut pile carpets. I guess what's really bad is that it's really hard to tell what the actual carpet color is looking at a website and a laptop monitor screen. Maybe I should just go with Ford Blue...haha....

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I agree with the others that it's entirely up to you. I don't think carpet was available until about 73 or so, but that could just be that I never saw any back then with carpet.
Or just don't remember!

The Black (front only) mat was standard, with the Parchment (front and rear) as a Sport package option from maybe about then? I don't think even that was available from the beginning, but I know they were in Sports in '72 and later. Thinking I saw one of those in a '69 once, but it was definitely not the first owner and this was in '75 that I saw it, so the mat could have been owner installed at that point.

Oh, and while cut-pile was I'm pretty sure what was used on Rangers at least from '76 on, the loop-pile was more common on older car and trucks, and the style I prefer. I bought a great Green loop pile setup for my '71 from ACC back in the day and love it.

I believe you can buy direct from ACC still, and we carry their stuff as well. Most odd colors are special order and don't take all that long to get (usually, but with exceptions) and I think is well worth it to get what you want.
The stuff we carry in stock in Black and Gray is not ACC, but we still order their stuff in colors. AT least the last time I checked anyway.

Good luck with the decision. At least it's easier than choosing a paint color!

Paul

OP
OP
V

valveamp

Thanks for all of the input. I contacted ACC and they told me there was no carpet in '71. I decided to go with medium saddle color, which I ordered via Summit Racing. It didn't appear to me that you could order directly from ACC. Went with the front only. I'm going to leave the back section as is. Now, I need to decide if I want to put some type of sound damper under the carpet. Not sure how useful it will be in just half the truck, but it should help some.