• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Performer RPM

SSGWood

Loc.
Elizabethtown
Anyone running the RPM? I have a free one... I see it is too tall before even trying the install.... but what does it take to make it fit? body lift, hood???

latrucker

Contributor
I ran one on a 302 with a quick fuel SS carb and a drop base air cleaner. With a 1" BL it cleared the hood with about an inch to spare. Very good intake by the way.

triracer67

Contributor
I'm running it, no BL. I'm running the Spectre Performance 728 - Spectre Performance Musclecar Cold Air Intakes and it just fits under the hood, even on a 67 with windshield fastener on hood. Intake works great, tends to favor the revs.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
351w RPM Intake - 1" Body Lift, Stock Hood, Ford Racing Round Air Cleaner with drop base.

302 RPM - Probably fit with Stock, Bronco Air Cleaner??? Stock motor would be happier with Regular Performer.

OP
OP
SSGWood

SSGWood

Loc.
Elizabethtown
Thanks for the reply guys

Sorry,
Life happened... Thanks for the replies, The motor isn't stock, it has a stage 1 trick flow cam and ford racing heads, it is a donor out of a mustang. I was running a spectre air filter on the top, I think it is a two inch, I guess I will try to run with it, it sounds like I have a few options other than a body lift to make it fit.

5001craig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm running it on a 351W based motor, WH extreme duty engine mounts, dropped air cleaner base (believe it's made for a Corvette), 3" tall filter, Edelbrock carb, stock hood with a 2" BL.

It's close on my setup. I believe the extreme duty engine mounts raise the engine a bit. Hood closed and looked great but I noticed one of the wings on the wing nut broke shortly after getting it running. Removed the wing nut, shortened the allthread and went with a lower profile nut. Fits fine until I get my Buckaroo hood I want.

OP
OP
SSGWood

SSGWood

Loc.
Elizabethtown
I'm running it on a 351W based motor, WH extreme duty engine mounts, dropped air cleaner base (believe it's made for a Corvette), 3" tall filter, Edelbrock carb, stock hood with a 2" BL.

It's close on my setup. I believe the extreme duty engine mounts raise the engine a bit. Hood closed and looked great but I noticed one of the wings on the wing nut broke shortly after getting it running. Removed the wing nut, shortened the allthread and went with a lower profile nut. Fits fine until I get my Buckaroo hood I want.

I am eventually going to the Buckaroo hood as well. That joker looks tough

ugly74

Bronco abuser
I think it's a good intake, and will go with those heads real well.
Being a dual plane, you won't lose much (if any) bottom end torque, but gain quite a bit in the mid to upper RPMs.

I never lost any sleep over just cutting a hole in the hood to make room.

I'm building my 302 with a Weiand Stealth, which is the same style. I like it a lot more than the plain Jane edelbrock performer I was running years ago.

OP
OP
SSGWood

SSGWood

Loc.
Elizabethtown
I think it's a good intake, and will go with those heads real well.
Being a dual plane, you won't lose much (if any) bottom end torque, but gain quite a bit in the mid to upper RPMs.

I never lost any sleep over just cutting a hole in the hood to make room.

I'm building my 302 with a Weiand Stealth, which is the same style. I like it a lot more than the plain Jane edelbrock performer I was running years ago.

I like the Weiland, but this came sitting on top of a motor out of a 93 mustang, that was rebuilt with a Stage 1 Trick Flow cam. I gave $300 for the motor, the rebuild had about 200 miles on it and the car was totaled. So I tossed on the heads and kept the intake. No Idea what kind of HP I will be pulling, but it will have a little more ass than the stock 73 302

ugly74

Bronco abuser
You may wanna check out the cam specs and see how lumpy it is. That's a mistake I made on a prior build. Cam wasn't suited for 3.50 and 32s with a C4. It was "okay", and a hoot getting onto the interstate, but it wasn't real happy about getting off the line in a hurry.

On a motor built for a mustang, with those heads and that intake, I'd be willing to bet it'd have a gnarly lope at idle and soggy bottom end torque