• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pics of Twin Stick Transfer case shifter

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
So I'm going to buy a twin stick for my Bronco. I have a 4 speed top loader with the shifter on the floor (it's the same as the 3 speed shift kit on the floor). I'm 6'5" and have the shifter handle modified to stay away from my knee. Looking at the pics from four vendors, the Tom's and Wild Horses kits look like they are bent towards the driver, which is probably going to interfere with the transmission shifter. I don't know how far the Bronco graveyard and Duffs twin stick come towards the driver. Anyone have pictures or thoughts on this? I imagine I can just bend the sticks on any of them. I have a J-shift transfer case, if that matters. Right now, the J-shifter does not interfere with the transmission shifter. Are any of the twin sticks closer than the stock?

addicted

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Broussard, Louisiana
Here's a JB Fab pic for ya. Top quality and they dont angle towards your leg. They are also stainless so you could always heat and bend them and then polish out the blueing

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:

ChrisC74

I am 6'-6' w/ the three speed on the floor and the JB Twin Sticks - I have the three speed shifter "bent a bit" to give me additional leg clearance and while it is close to the twins everything clears. Will shoot a photo from the center forward tonight when I get home if no one beats me to it.

-Chris

Broncmeister

I didn't like how the vendors ones seemed to lean into the drivers side eitherl, so I just made my own. Mine mounts just to the top of the tranny tunnel, and I made them nice and short so things like legs couldn't catch on them. Plus they stick sraight up, nothing angles to the side either.

IMG_0103_resize.jpg

yewhi

Loc.
San Diego
I've posted this before. Hurst three speed shifter (no modification) with WH twin stick. This was before I installed the seats but should give you an Idea how much clearance you'll have with the WH setup.

7289638336_0eb6a42030_b.jpg

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
JB FAB, very nice product and easy install.

Attachments

• 2011-08-02_19-10-47_734.jpg
    2011-08-02_19-10-47_734.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 188
  • 2011-08-02_19-11-21_564.jpg
    2011-08-02_19-11-21_564.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 176