• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

picture help

derrick1032

Loc.
Calgary, Canada
I remember seeing a pic of a bronco that was modified to look like a truck a while ago.The box and cab were seperated like a truck,and the wheelbase was streched.I think it was blue.Does anybody remeber were this came from or even possibly have pics of it?

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I'm not sure about the stretched wheel base, but you could get a Bronco from the factory that was set up like a little pickup. These days they are known as half cabs and look like this:

Attachments

• Halfcab1.JPG
    Halfcab1.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Halfcab2.jpg
    Halfcab2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
derrick1032

derrick1032

Loc.
Calgary, Canada
thanks for the pics but I know what a half cab is(I have one).I was talking about a pic I seen that actually had the quarter panel seperated from the body and had about a 2" space between the cab and box just like a pickup truck does.The picture may have been photoshoped

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
Man, I have been thinking about doig this too. Using the bed off of a '66-'67 pickup with the similiar fenders and make with the cutting and welding. If someone has done this I would love to see it. I would use a halfcab top.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
I don't know if he's posted it here, but user Ferrum Campitor has done up a photochop like that. You may check with him.

FerrumCampitor

Loc.
Hutchinson, MN
Derrick, I got your PM. The photo edit I did was not what you were looking for so I didn't bother posting it. The one I did is basically meant to be a stretched half cab, not a half cab front with a pick up bed rear. But since you asked, here is the one I did:
stretched half cab

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
EB%20pickup%20truck.jpg

The more I look at that, the more I think it'd make a super cool prerunner/chase vehicle. It's just begging to go stupid fast across the desert.;D

OP
OP
derrick1032

derrick1032

Loc.
Calgary, Canada
thanks a bunch for the fast reply.My 66 is pretty much done, and now I dont know what to do with myself.I've been toying with the idea of truck project and this helps the wife see what I'm talkin about.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Hmmm, thanks for the link. That would go real good with SaddleUp's new half cab soft top. Hell he could probably make a full length top for me too. Very intriguing, good price too.

PBR

Loc.
SoCal
Gummi Bear said:
The more I look at that, the more I think it'd make a super cool prerunner/chase vehicle. It's just begging to go stupid fast across the desert.;D

check this stretched one out. it was stolen in san felipe a few years back and never recovered.

maroon.jpg

tabascojrc

what is someone going to do by stealing something so unique, you could never show it to anyone.

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
tabascojrc said:
what is someone going to do by stealing something so unique, you could never show it to anyone.

run it to the chop shop and strip it. Stolen vehicles rarely are kept in form.

Here is the drawing I did that others couldn't get to:
288946698_b175a7a440.jpg

Last edited:

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I have never seen the 66-77 model done that way but I have seen a 78-79 model like that it's very cool. It's in Wisconsin, you may check out the bulletproof steering website as it used to be on there. The guy that own the truck is a buddy of Randal the guy that builds the bulletproof steering.

Ben

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Here is a pic somebody did a while ago. Looks kinda cool. Easiest way I think would be to extend the frame, take a 60 something bed and section it and use a Bronco tailgate. Closing up the back of the cab wouldnt be too bad, just come down vertical instead of at an angle on the striker supports.

Attachments

• broncotruck_184.jpg
    broncotruck_184.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 108