• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

POR-15 or paint for frame

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
POR 15 is great stuff! It’s hard as a rock, yet doesn’t chip. Powder coat is great for garage queens, but you can’t easily repair chips and scratches. If you want to spray, get a couple of cheap guns from Harbor Freight. My brother ruined a spray gun from leaving the stuff in it too long. You do need to top coat POR 15, since it is affected by sunlight. I hear good things about Rustbullet too, and it does not need the top coat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bonefizz

Contributor
Loc.
The poor house
Is there a visual difference between using a foam brush and a regular paint brush? I'm about to do my frame.

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I used rust bullet for the first time recently, I did everything they told me and even used their metal prep.
It made these small micro bubbles everywhere in the paint and I was not impressed, then the recoat window was pretty short and I really needed to take a DA sander to it all and do another coat the get rid of the bubbles and said screw it and did just 1 coat.

I never had the bubble issue with POR15.

Just going with sand blast, degrease, black epoxy and a black chassis paint from now on.