• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

POSSIBLE 1966 U13 Roadster trade/sell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave_in_Texas

Loc.
Denton, TX
Guys-

Here's the deal...I kinda stumbled upon and bought my 1966 U13 Roadster about 18 months ago. At the time, I had just sold my restored/driver '65 Mustang (for a family car) and was looking for a new project. Since then, I've made very little progress on the Bronco and do have a growing urge to make it more of a functional driver/off road capable.

I know this is somewhat of a rarer Bronco and have two concerns with me keeping it...One, my amauter restoration won't do it justice. Two, since it is a rarer version, I'd feel guilty deviating from stock specs...even if that is what I desire. To expand on the second point, I've lost some "restoration motivation" on this particular Bronco because I'm restoring it to stock, not restoring to how I'd want to drive it (ie., 302, disc brakes, hard top, EFI down the road, etc.).

I thought about posting this in the "Bronco Chat," but since it delt with possibily trading/selling it, I thought it fit better here. If any of the admins wants to move it, go ahead.

If I follow through with this, I'd be much more interested in trading for a different Bronco (or Mustang) a little further along as opposed to an outright sell (though not totally against it)...that way I don't have to go without a project and risk my time/money going into something else. :)

Advice????

For those interested, here are some specs (feel free to see my prior posts too):
-1966 U13 Roadster, uncut.
-Interior and some of engine bay disassembled, everything else still assembled.
-Has half the Roadster mirror (missing the circle part).
-New floor pans already installed.
-NO rust...it sat, covered up, for 18 years before I bought it due to a simple broken shifter that should have been an easy fix...the owner never got around to fixing it then passed away.
-Very complete...has original fiberglass inserts w/ metal backing, softtop (some hardware missing, but has soft doors), front bumper, orig drive train.
-170 CI w/ 3spd; 411 gears. Engine turns freely.
-Click below for prior posts:
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1022877
-Click below for original pics. As mentioned before, I've taken out the rollbar, seats, steering column, dash, carpet, and some small misc. engine bay items (master cylinder, etc.)
http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r191/Dave_in_Texas/Bronco Before Pics/
-If interested, I can take more current pics too.

Am I crazy for thinking about this or can one else out there relate??

Dave

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I can relate to your dilemma. That will take some thought for sure.

Bax

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
I don't really know what a true roadster would sell for so to me it's another EB. The sad part for me is that if I had an EB that clean no matter what it was I would build it the way I want it but I would keep what original parts I had for the EB.

I'm trying to sell my 65 fastback so I can buy an EB.

66broncofan

Contributor
sell it so it can be restored

It is just too clean to cut up. I didn't read if it had a 289 or 170 but I'd personally contribute my 66's 170 if the buyer wants it (it would need to be rebuilt)

broncorick

This is one I would rebuild if still available, and I can talk the wife into letting me go on a road trip--first thing first---find out if available

OP
OP
Dave_in_Texas

Dave_in_Texas

Loc.
Denton, TX
Guys-

Yes, still available, unless someone talks me out of it. It does still have the original 170 in there that turns freely...even has that oil breather thing too.

I would prefer a trade for another Bronco, but I'm entertaining all offers now.

Dave

OP
OP
Dave_in_Texas

Dave_in_Texas

Loc.
Denton, TX
Asking price: 1 non-Roadster Bronco (i.e., a trade) :)

In leu of that, the next best thing would be $3,500 cash OBO (initial asking price)...unless someone talks me out of trading/selling, but I honestly hope there is some one out there who wants to take this thing right back to the way it was in 1966.

Dave

broncorick

What vintage Bronco are you interested in. I have a '79 Bronco that is ready to go. Ifinterested LMK will send photos-Rick

broncorick

Okay then, could you get somemore pics of engine bay, frame etc, especially typical rust areas. I am interested in roadster, but need more in depth photos to determine if I can justify the drive to TX, also which Denton-they show two on mapquest.-Rick

OP
OP
Dave_in_Texas

Dave_in_Texas

Loc.
Denton, TX
Denton is about 30 miles north of Dallas...I'm about 1/2 mile off of I-35. Zip code 76205.

Will work on additional photos tonight.

Dave

broncorick

U13

Well Dave and I did the deal. Long drive but definitely worth it--finding a Bronco like this spoils you. Rockers, door strike postd, door post all 0 and i mean 0 rusting. Floor had some where water had gotten under glued down rubber matting. Straight sides, some one did put reflectors on it, but an easy retro fix. Will do a stock restoration. Even has the top and soft doors that are soft a supple still. Thanks again Dave, I'll do her proud and it was a real pleasure getting to visit with you. I'll post some pics at the new home soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.