• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Possible Bronco email scam?

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I got an email today from horsebeat@classicbroncos.forum, regarding a bronco for sale? My internet security marked it as 'dangerous' (never seen that before), bells and whistles going off... It sure seems funny! I already deleted it. Just a heads up.

If this is legit and from one of you guys let us know. But it sure doesn't seem like it.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Yeap, newbie member but that doesnt mean he's the one that sent it! Could be but just cause thats a members name doesnt mean thats who sent it. Horsebeat is in here now ask him!

OP
OP
needabronco

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Well, my internet security didn't like the email for some reason... I haven't inquired about a bronco for sale in awhile (at least that I remember). I'll send him a PM

broncotom

Loc.
CO,100 Miles to Moab
Thanks for the heads up anyway. Can't be too careful, especially those of us that use our work computers for Bronco research. Boss would probably get mad if I ruin his computer. ;D

OP
OP
needabronco

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
To be honest I almost opened it until I noticed the '.forum' part, then noticed my spyware going off like crazy. I've recieved emails from this site before, but I could swear they were '.com.

OP
OP
needabronco

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I called him last night, he lives here in Farmington and has a 73 Sport for sale along with an extra rolling chassis, and an efi351. I'm not sure what happened to the email I got, but everything is on the up and up with Horsebeat...