• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Possibly earliest 66 u13 I just picked up

OP
OP
C

Colman

Loc.
Houston
Ok after the eb meetup this morning in Houston I think I need to drop in a 200 6cyl (the orig 170 is missing so it can't me numbers matching and it still has 6cyl mounts) and start restoring it. Body is cut and front fenders are rusty so gonna go with gorilla war flares mounted high to cut out the rust. Fix floors and rockers and get it running. This will get it on the road quickest and I can slowly look for all the early 66 specific parts. Prob end up selling it and getting what I really want but this needs to stay mostly stock. What I really want is a v8 efi and auto street rig. But this will do for now.

OP
OP
C

Colman

Loc.
Houston
just put deposits on a 65 mustang 200 that is rebuilt with 300 miles and reciepts. complete clutch to carb to radiator. should make getting it up and running alot easier buying in bulk. i will pick that up in dallas along with a family style cage from someone here on the boards at the end of the month. i bet the fiance will be thrilled to share the uhaul with my car parts as i move her to houston for a bronco she doesn't know about yet.

OP
OP
C

Colman

Loc.
Houston
ive also set up a trade with the fiberglass hood for a stock early 66 hood. only big parts left are time, wiring harness, 66 dashpad, gorilla war flares, door inserts and some factory seats (i have a set of high backs from a late 90's mustang till i track down the correct ones and have them recovered. i'm debating the factory seats. i feel like some aftermarket bolted to the cage would be better for driveabilit and whenever i find the 66 for a decent price put them in the attic for if i ever sell it. this way there is comfort and no extra holes in the floor boards

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Colman

Loc.
Houston
Complete front pans arrived today. Now to find a deal on rockers and warflares

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 85

Mill KNOB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rock Hill, SC
Complete front pans arrived today. Now to find a deal on rockers and warflares

Colman- Where did you order them floor pans from? I have never seen a passenger side floor pan with the rear extended part that goes up towards the upper floor pan. I have in the past had to order the rear section of the floor pan.

Thanks

OP
OP
C

Colman

Loc.
Houston
an update. I removed all the rusty floorpans and tons of fiberglass from the last "restoration" and uncovered tons of rust it needs both rockers, both b pillars including the part where the bulkhead goes, all floors front to back. all floor cross members in the front, fenders, windshield really need to redo rear fenders and make uncut, and tailgate repair. alot more rust than i thought originally. surprise is that the spot that normally rusts on the inner fender is in good shape. i borrowed a set of gorilla warflares to mock up and they barely cover the rust from under the fiberglassed in fiberglass flares that were on it. if i'm keeping with the restoration then i really need a whole body that just needs pans but it has to be a bud body or i might as well drop in a v8 and auto and stop with searching for all the original roadster parts from the first day of production.
decisions decisions

bigpitbull

BRONCO ADDICT
Loc.
Saltillo, MS
Pictures? What's the vin? I would be interested in seeing the numbers on it. I have a 66 roadster and yes parts are hard to find but its fun tracking them down.

OP
OP
C

Colman

Loc.
Houston
vin is u13732164 it is the 6th or 7th oldest bronco i have been able to track down and second oldest u13

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
If you decide to go back with I6 I have a running (barely) 170 i'm going to be selling off, along with clutch, bell housing, radiator

OP
OP
C

Colman

Loc.
Houston
So a big thanks to the craigslist gods out there. Found another 66 u13 with the correct bud body and a tailgate that is in better shape than mine by far. I traded a hundred dollar pistol, a set of 100 dollar tires and 300 bones. it was used as a parts bronco 15 years ago and has been sitting in a barn ever since. the guy who i got it from said the last owner was about to scrap it and he wanted to save it. he had no clue what it was worth and i almost feel guilty how cheap i got it. someone has stolen all the roadster goodies and the front brakes are locked up, the interior is gone and there is no front clip but the body is in amazing original shape. i didn't get a title so i'm going to swap bodies to my early roadster and get this project back on track. both a and b pillars are in great shape as well as both rockers surprisingly. only rust is on the windshield frame and the front floor pans. I guess i will take the junk body and the extra chassis that has a d30. swap axles to get my bronco correct with a d30 and save all the extra pieces to build another wheeler down the line. the only thing that would make this better is if it was uncut. now is the time to decide if i'm going to fix that or leave that as the only non factory thing that cant be fixed with bolt ons to make it original. I still plan on doing power steering and front disc brakes but other than that a factory restoration

OP
OP
C

Colman

Loc.
Houston
First pics are the flinstone bronco and there are plenty more of this rusty turd. then pics of the one I bought late last night.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited: