• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Power steering woes!@#$

75junebug

Loc.
NW Houston Tx
My factory power steering has been problematic...Nothing new there. Back in 2005 or 2006 I flushed the entire system and changed the pump, pressure hose, and added a cooler, and it seemed to fix the problem of not being able to make left turns while in 4WD. 2011 the problem resurfaced. Started to put together all the stuff for a Explorer front dress and 4X4X2 box. So all that stuff is sitting in a box. I unburied the Bronco from the garage, and flushed the PS system again, several times, refilled and bled the system with the tie rod disconnected, and now.......It growls and is difficult to turn either way in 2WD on the pavement.
I'm beginning to think box is bad, and buying a temporary pump is just throwing money away...Any thoughts on this,(other than go ahead with the upgrade) maybe fluid selection, air trapped??