• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Procar rally seats

lagbolt

So I recently purchased procar rally 1000 seats like wildhorses use to sell and make their own brackets for but they no longer sell them. I was reading on here that the procar brackets that procar actually makes sit higher then the WH ones. So I was wondering how is everyone else mounting there rally seats? Maybe some pictures of how you mounted them or maybe some pictures of the old WH mounts so I can make my own?

Thanks Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amfw

Hey Tom, I have the Procar Rally Elite seats. I don't know anything about the Wildhorses Brackets, but I replaced the bottom seat bracket on my driver's side seat last year with the one sold by procar. The height hasn't been a pain point for me (I think I had to duck to see the traffic lights in my last bronco too) but I have the seats out now while I am working on the interior, and decided to cut off the mounting tabs on the seat bracket. Only lowers it by an inch or so, but it's easy and I'm not sure how you could get these seats much lower than that. IMG_20220225_093420.jpg IMG_20220225_093422.jpg

OP
OP
lagbolt

lagbolt

Hey Tom, I have the Procar Rally Elite seats. I don't know anything about the Wildhorses Brackets, but I replaced the bottom seat bracket on my driver's side seat last year with the one sold by procar. The height hasn't been a pain point for me (I think I had to duck to see the traffic lights in my last bronco too) but I have the seats out now while I am working on the interior, and decided to cut off the mounting tabs on the seat bracket. Only lowers it by an inch or so, but it's easy and I'm not sure how you could get these seats much lower than that. View attachment 877239 View attachment 877240

I’ll be doing the same at this point unless I can figure out away to get them lower. Being 6’4 240lbs doesn’t really work well with a bronco.

Another option i was thinking about is drilling the tab off the sliders and mounting the sliders directly to the floor. Only problem with this is drill holes in the brand new paint job.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I’ll be doing the same at this point unless I can figure out away to get them lower. Being 6’4 240lbs doesn’t really work well with a bronco.

Another option i was thinking about is drilling the tab off the sliders and mounting the sliders directly to the floor. Only problem with this is drill holes in the brand new paint job.

Hate being eye level w/top of the window frame... having to stoop down :(

Zeke

I had a set of the seats on my 74 with the WH brackets. This is from memory, all dimensions are approximate, so take it for what it is worth.

The "flat" brackets were made of four pieces of 1/4 x 2" stock, butt welded to make a square (this square was a little wider and longer than the Procar seat bottoms/seat tabs). This "flat" portion is bolted to the floor. There were four tabs (3/8" x 1.5" x 3/4") welded onto the flat sections, drilled and tapped that the seat backets bolted to.

I don't think these would be difficult to make.

It's a shame WH dropped the seats and brackets. They are way lower than stock Bronco seats.

I hope this isn't too confusing.

OP
OP
lagbolt

lagbolt

I got ahold of wild horses on here and apparently the gentleman I called on the phone gave me the wrong information. The still sell the brackets just not the seats. I got ahold of jim on here and he emailed me the attached picture and how to order them. Thanks for everyone’s help. IMG_2807.jpg