• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rampage black crush bikini top?

amfw

My Bronco came with both the bestop and rampage/stc style windshield headers installed. The only top it came with is the Bestop Black Crush bikini top. I ordered and installed a new Rampage soft top, and removed the Bestop windshield riser in the process. I run a bikini top most of the time, and would like to just have one of the headers installed. Is there a Rampage header compatible bikini top available in Black Crush? Their website doesn't really say (and I have had pretty lackluster customer service experience with them).
This Wildhorses one seems to be what I am looking for, but also no details. I'd love to buy just the top, as I already have two rampage headers and one bestop.
https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/19157/

67 Halfcab

Have you looked at Tom's Breezer top yet? I switched over last summer and love it. It still lets some light in, but takes care of the Sun's glare. It also doesn't balloon or flap like the standard solid bikini does. My riser is from an old Kayline top (same riser as the Rampage) and the Breezer slid right in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
amfw

amfw

Have you looked at Tom's Breezer top yet? I switched over last summer and love it. It still lets some light in, but takes care of the Sun's glare. It also doesn't baloon or flap like the standard solid bikini does. My riser is from an old Kayline top (same riser as the Rampage) and the Breezer slid right in.
I did! And I will probably get one, but I am also wanting the black crush material just for a little extra weather protection and for matching my soft doors and seats. Glad to hear the breezer is a good option as well!

67 Halfcab

I'd just give WH a call and ask what fabric it is. They have always been great at helping me out when I call.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I believe that our "Rampage Bikini Top Kit" is just standard black vinyl material. The fact that it comes with the riser(?) and channel for a Rampage/STC/Kayline top is what gives it it's name. Nothing to do with matching fabric.
Not surprising we don't have deep details, but kind of surprised it does not list the compatibility at least.

I'm checking now to see if it actually does come with the riser, or if it's just the channel to be compatible with your existing Rampage riser. Let you know what I find out.
I'll also see if I can add some small detail to the page for clarity.

Thanks for pointing this out to us.

Paul

OP
OP
amfw

amfw

I believe that our "Rampage Bikini Top Kit" is just standard black vinyl material. The fact that it comes with the riser(?) and channel for a Rampage/STC/Kayline top is what gives it it's name. Nothing to do with matching fabric.
Not surprising we don't have deep details, but kind of surprised it does not list the compatibility at least.

I'm checking now to see if it actually does come with the riser, or if it's just the channel to be compatible with your existing Rampage riser. Let you know what I find out.
I'll also see if I can add some small detail to the page for clarity.

Thanks for pointing this out to us.

Paul
Thanks Paul! WH has always been good for me. I did some messing around today, and tried my TBP bikini in the STC/Rampage flat bar and it slides into the channel. I havent fitted it on the Bronco yet (its cold here, and its in my tiny tent garage with the soft top draped over the roll bar) I know the risers are shaped differently, but theres a good combination of tension on the top and flex in the vinyl, so I am thinking the TBP Vinyl top, with the STC Bar and riser may all work out...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thanks Paul! WH has always been good for me. I did some messing around today, and tried my TBP bikini in the STC/Rampage flat bar and it slides into the channel. I havent fitted it on the Bronco yet (its cold here, and its in my tiny tent garage with the soft top draped over the roll bar) I know the risers are shaped differently, but theres a good combination of tension on the top and flex in the vinyl, so I am thinking the TBP Vinyl top, with the STC Bar and riser may all work out...

I bet it will...