• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rampage soft top EZ install (NO DRILL!) instillation system!!

delconick

Rampage soft top EZ install (NO DRILL!) instillation system!

This is a kick ass product that we just started selling. Makes the instillation of a Rampage soft top virtually drill free!! No more huge holes in the tops of your a pillar, Or screws in your tailgate!!!

Check it out at:

Northeastclassicfordparts.com

Attachments

• P1230897.jpg
    P1230897.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 460
  • soft mounts1.jpg
    soft mounts1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 462

66broncofan

Contributor
Great job producing this, I was always reluctant to drill holes in my 66 tailgate, but this gives all of us a good option. Hope it sells well.

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wish this was available about 6 months ago when I installed my Rampage soft top. Does it let you open tailgate without unhooking rear window and corners?

BCH BRCO

Can you get the new Rampage soft top in a gray color like Tom’s offers?

BanditBronco

I am assuming you can open the tailgate without undoing the interior pressure bows with this set up like on a best top?

chris

No more Rock Crawler
does anyone know what drilling is still required with this kit and install?

None on the tailgate. The rear bar is suspended between the bed sides and you can now open your tailgate without removing the bottom of the rear window. Looks good, I saw it last month at the MEB Roundup and it even has the hole for the B pillar bracket so you don't have to drill in to the body for that.

HouHeights74blue

Does anyone have any firsthand experience with this product? I'm considering buying it for a new Rampage soft top.

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Following - anyone use this yet??
I have one and it's leaning up against the wall in my garage. I'm in the middle of putting the Bronco back together from paint and it's not high on my list right now.

Raltn

Loc.
Santa Monica
I'm still waiting to see if anyone has actually put this on their Bronco. I'm really interested and haven't put my Rampage top on yet on my new build. I can't find a single pic of it with the top installed.

NJBronk

Contributor
I'm still waiting to see if anyone has actually put this on their Bronco. I'm really interested and haven't put my Rampage top on yet on my new build. I can't find a single pic of it with the top installed.

I pulled the trigger and just started painting the aluminum rails black. I'll probably wait until it's a bit warmer (80's?) here in NJ before trying to install the top so that the vinyl isn't stiff, but I'll definitely report back with comments and pictures. Maybe late May / early June.

hucklburry rev2

I installed my rampage, but hadn't drilled the tailgate. I have a piece of aluminum angle sitting in the shop to do something similar to keep from drilling my tailgate, I didn't want more ways to get rust.

NJBronk

Contributor
So with my Bronco sidelined with carb issues, and a couple days of 80+ degree weather here in NJ, I tackled my Rampage install with this kit.

First, I'm an idiot and never thought to look and see if holes were already drilled for a soft top (truck came with hard top on) and they were... Oh well, I had already painted this kit black and figured it would be nice to be able to open the tailgate with the top on.

Bottom line - I'm not sure I would invest in this again. With the ability to make a homemade bracket fairly easily for the vertical window rod, as many have done, I'm just not sure it's worth it.

I did have a minor fitment issue - the rear-most bolt hole didn't line up with the body / rampage mount, so I had to drill it out (not a huge deal, but annoying):

IMG_8731.jpeg

Also, the front hole for the rod is a fixed point and not adjustable, and it resulted in a pretty big gap between the frame and the door at the bottom. I would have liked to be able to tuck it closer, especially since I plan to run without windows most of the time (the vinyl from the window fills it in a bit, but not all the way). Again, here's where a homemade bracket would have been better.

IMG_8744.jpeg

The top fit okay. I'm guessing as well as it would otherwise. I am wondering if having the rampage bed rail mounts raised the height of these brackets made it just slightly easier to get the windows in, but I'm not sure. The top seems tight enough. There is some gap in the rear between the bracket and the tailgate. I may put some weatherstripping or something on the bottom of this bracket the fill in that gap. Also, the rear window still uses the tailgate to wedge in there, so when you do open the tailgate the bottom comes undone, so after closing the tailgate again you have to unlock the rear bow to loosen the top, tuck the window back in, and then lock the bow again. So really, maybe not that much of a benefit after all.

IMG_8741.jpeg

IMG_8747.jpeg

So again, I'm not sure that's worth the extra expense...

Happy to answer any specific questions.

Last edited: