• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Remember "Keep on Truckin" check it out! Post old school stuff here.

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
Old school and cool!!!! this was in a dune buggy I bought back in the 90's, and I just came across it. Post any old school stuff on here you all might have.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 288

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
that's cool. I used to work in a van/speed shop years ago. I will have to see if i have some pics someplace of those days....

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Thats way back:cool: Hey I found this today in a stack of old MC mags.Do it count?It's from Dec,1976;D

Attachments

• 76rod.jpg
    76rod.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 77

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
how about these old Ramsey brochures.. I also have my original window sticker

Attachments

• a 4a.jpg
    a 4a.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 26
  • a 4.jpg
    a 4.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 31
  • a 3a.jpg
    a 3a.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 23
  • a 3.jpg
    a 3.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 24
  • a 2a.jpg
    a 2a.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 23
  • a 2.jpg
    a 2.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 26
  • a 1a.jpg
    a 1a.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 25
  • a 1.jpg
    a 1.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Ramsey Winch 2.jpg
    Ramsey Winch 2.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Bronco Window Sticker.jpg
    Bronco Window Sticker.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 29
  • a 8a.jpg
    a 8a.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 21
  • a 8.jpg
    a 8.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 23

74NJBronco

Loc.
Livingston, NJ
Found this beat up shirt when I removed a interior panel. The shirt is older than my bronco by 2 years!! I remember reading Mad magazines in the 80's when I was younger.

Attachments

• IMG_0323.jpg
    IMG_0323.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 44

bec

Loc.
Mount Pleasant
man i would love to have a set of those light covers my grandpa had that sticker on one of his campers when i was kid

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
Old school oil change sticker. Says oil changed on 12/1/78 at 10182 miles. When I picked up the EB it had 11,xxx miles on it

Attachments

• 100_2790.jpg
    100_2790.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 56

ilovemaui

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pacific Moist West
My first car back in 1974 was a 1962 Pontiac Tempest with a "Keep on Truckin" guy painted on the driver's side rear quarter panel. I paid $200 for the car and drove it until the engine blew up.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
found the bulbs!

Attachments

• kc.jpg
    kc.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 43

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Old school oil change sticker. Says oil changed on 12/1/78 at 10182 miles. When I picked up the EB it had 11,xxx miles on it

I also found one of those old service decals INSIDE the door of the Balloon Chaser Ambulance when we had to pull the panel off to clean and lube the latch and linkage (years of dust and sand from its chase duties in Baja and other desert racing had both door linkages sticking badly).

I really liked what was printed on the bottom of it!

A few of the other visually interesting items that came in the folder of receipts and documentation of the Ambulance:

Original Baja decal (one was installed on one side of the Bronco, and there was an unused one in the folder)

Photocopy of Stroppe's CA Mandufacturers plate that was used on the Ambulance when he owned it (it was never titled until my dad had to last year in order to drive it). Man, I'd love to have that original plate!

Official Limited Edition Sail Press Release folder that has lots of original press release articles and photos. I got Willie Stroppe to sign this when he was there with us to witness the sale from Duff to my dad at FFF last April (Willie is one of the main celebrities and award presenters at that show since one of the two awards is named after his father, Bill Stroppe). Willie was also one of the crew members on the Limited Edition Sail balloon chase.

Attachments

• All Papers scanned small file_Page_01.jpg
    All Papers scanned small file_Page_01.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 46
  • All Papers scanned small file_Page_09.jpg
    All Papers scanned small file_Page_09.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 30
  • All Papers scanned small file_Page_82.jpg
    All Papers scanned small file_Page_82.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 31
  • All Papers scanned small file_Page_39.jpg
    All Papers scanned small file_Page_39.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 38

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Gravel grabbers

This is an old school Bronco sticker from the side of my Stroppe Baja. Looks like the Rat Fink style but the artist signature (next to the drivers side tire) looks like Watson.
Anyone out Cali way hear of him before, or know of anything else he may have done?

Attachments

• SAM_0332.jpg
    SAM_0332.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 50
  • SAM_0331.jpg
    SAM_0331.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 37
  • gravel grabber Watson.jpg
    gravel grabber Watson.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 42

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
Old school and cool!!!! this was in a dune buggy I bought back in the 90's, and I just came across it. Post any old school stuff on here you all might have.

I wish they still made those- I would love to have a set for my Bronco!!

Todd

attachment.php

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I wish they still made those- I would love to have a set for my Bronco!!

Todd

attachment.php

If you could find (or make) some plain padded vinyl covers, that could easily be screen printed on for a small run of them. It could also be done in a similar look more cheaply in computer cut vinyl for a single set, but would be a bit less durable.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
When I bought mine, it had two or three of those oil change stickers from a Shell station in Billings Montana. I wrote the name and info down, but don't think I ever took a picture of them before the weather finally wore them down and they fell off.
Kept them as nostalgia as long as I could though.

Paul

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
This goes way back..........:cool:

Attachments

• FDD.jpg
    FDD.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 22