• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Roll Cage Install Advice

vtboy51

I'm fitting my cage to be welded and I realize because the PO welded in some "overlay" floor pans my floor heights are a bit higher than normal. This is a Bronco Bob cage, that has been tacked and fit to a normal bronco, so the front section sits a bit taller because of the shitty floors. I've got two concerns, first the front section sits higher and may cause problems if I put my hard top back on (and it just looks unlevel). Second, if I ever correctly replace the floor pans the cage will not fit properly, it will be angled a bit to high.

I'm trying to determine the best way to solve this, I was thinking of cutting the section of floor directly under the cage foot pad and recessing it down to the original floor, thoughts?? Or maybe I had add an extra 1/4", or so, plate under the mid and rear feet to level it out, then just remove the shims once I replace the floors.... Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• cage1.jpg
    cage1.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 162
  • cage3.jpg
    cage3.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 158
  • cage4.jpg
    cage4.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 158
  • cage22.jpg
    cage22.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 153

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
doesn't really look out of level, not enough height difference that the top wouldn't fit. but if you want it level shim plates would be the best.

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
doesn't really look out of level, not enough height difference that the top wouldn't fit. but if you want it level shim plates would be the best.

I would shim as well. That way when you redo your floors you can remove them. Ken

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I can see the line across the door frame since you mentioned it but 1/4" isn't that much. If you are putting a soft top over it you will never notice it.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would shim the rear if it bothers you, as that's the easiest option to undo later.

OP
OP
vtboy51

vtboy51

Thanks for the feedback, I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything as I thought through this problem. I think I'll just add some 1/4" plates under the rear legs, then remove them when I replace my front floors so it will all sit level in the end.

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the feedback, I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything as I thought through this problem. I think I'll just add some 1/4" plates under the rear legs, then remove them when I replace my front floors so it will all sit level in the end.

^^^^^ There ya go, answered your own question. I have that same cage and love it. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0137.jpg
    IMG_0137.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0158.jpg
    IMG_0158.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0160.jpg
    IMG_0160.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 47

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
roll cage

If you don't shim up the high spots you will alter your door openings when you crank it down.

67RT

Bronco Guru
Make sure the floors are securely welded if you are just bolting to them...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

Good call...