• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Saginaw PS pump with Explorer serpentine

mgb0302

Folks, based on some feedback I got from another one of my post concerning running hot for years, I am going to look for a Explorer serpentine setup. However, I would really like to keep my dual return saginaw PS pump for my hydro boost. So my questions are:

1) How do you run a Saginaw PS pump with an explorer serpentine?

OR

2) will the Explorer set up support a hydro boost?

Last edited:

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
My truck has Explorer serp, 4x4x2 and hydroboost and 35 inch tires. when i'm aired down to 4 psi it does take more effort but i think its still acceptable. there are ways to increase the performance. threads are in the tech section.
If you need a serp set up let me know...

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
I have the Explorer serpentine with a saginaw/delphi pump on my 351W. I got the kit from WH and a modified idler pulley bracket from a member on this board. Give them a call.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
broncoguy bracket is nice, i have it on my engine but have not run it. gives you the option of two different compressors, one for onboard air and the other for a/c

AndyT

He’s a dumb question. I have a 92 HO 302 out of a Mustang. I’m assuming the explorer SERP setup would work with that engine??

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
He’s a dumb question. I have a 92 HO 302 out of a Mustang. I’m assuming the explorer SERP setup would work with that engine??

Yes, but you’ll need everything, including the timing cover. Everything is specific to the Explorer. Nothing from the Mustang SERP with interchange.

Mark

OP
OP
M

mgb0302

Montoya (or anyone else), is the idler pulley on the PS bracket from the explorer too? How does it bolt to the BC bracket?

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Montoya (or anyone else), is the idler pulley on the PS bracket from the explorer too? How does it bolt to the BC bracket?

You use your existing idler pulley, the bracket come with a threaded boss that the pulley bolts to. Much like the stock bracket.

Mark

GWBronco

This is great as I just ordered this bracket the other day. It is great to see pictures of it installed!!

lonesomecur

Can anyone give a belt part number they used with this bracket, no a/c and 351?

I’m having trouble with belt coming off. Not sure if it’s too loose or something wrong with idler pulley.

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
If the belt is coming off, things may not be completely lined up. I had that problem until a washer in the right spot fine tuned it all and no problems since.

450rbronco

Bringing up an old thread but what is everyone running for a pulley on their sag pump for the aero setup ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk