• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

San Felipe Roll Bar Question

DeezNCSU

Loc.
Raleigh, NC
I ordered a San Felipe roll bar from WH and I was test fitting it today and have a question. It looks like the brackets that are welded on to the tub that the rear interior panels mount to interfere with the roll bar. What I mean is that I can't move the passenger side far enough over so that piece welded onto the roll bar can be screwed into the tub rail. Have others had this issue? Do I just need to remove the brackets for the interior panels?

I want to eventually install interior panels, so I don't want to remove them unless necessary or unless they are unneeded.

Here are a few pics...
http://s741.photobucket.com/user/mn...ads/imagejpg2_zps9a98eafd.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s741.photobucket.com/user/mn...ads/imagejpg1_zpse5d1c7f3.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

http://s741.photobucket.com/user/mn...ads/imagejpg3_zps0a764c2b.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I installed a 4 point today.
I had to use ratchet straps for everything to sit exactly where I wanted. Pulled the straps off after it was bolted in. I was amazed how easily the ratchet straps pulled the tubes in to where I wanted them.
Eazy Peazy Lemon squeezy.

jckkys

Bronco Guru
Are you sure the top of the rear quarter hasn't bowed out? If so the straps can be used to pull them back to vertical.

LOVNBRONCOS

Loc.
Tucson, Az
I measured mine and have 2-1/4" from the edge of the floor bracket to the QP wall. If you got that then I'd say ck the QP as jckkys said

OP
OP
DeezNCSU

DeezNCSU

Loc.
Raleigh, NC
I didn't think about the QP's being bowed out, I'll have to check that. If they are, it seems like pulling them in enough to bolt the bar down will cause my door to be misaligned, guess we will find out.

Do you just attach the straps through the hardtop bolt holes in the QP?

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
Looks like the QP's are spread as already suggested. Place a couple washers between the roll bar and side rails to maintain enough clearance for interior panels when added.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I didn't think about the QP's being bowed out, I'll have to check that. If they are, it seems like pulling them in enough to bolt the bar down will cause my door to be misaligned, guess we will find out.

Do you just attach the straps through the hardtop bolt holes in the QP?

It's usually to the rear of the qp's at the tailgate where they bow and you can usually tale by the gap at each side of the tgate.

If my doors were already lined up good I don't think I would mess with the front of the qp's as you will open up a whole new can of worms.

OP
OP
DeezNCSU

DeezNCSU

Loc.
Raleigh, NC
The gap and issue I'm having is at the front, behind the seats where the main hoop sits. One side sits flush against the side rail but the other has almost and inch gap.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I would just put a spacer in there and not pull on the on the panels behind the seat especially if all my body panels are lined up.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
When I mentioned ratchet straps I am referring to the roll bar tubes. You can push or pull them in or out to better match the shape of your eb body.
The roll bar might be perfectly square but it is unlikely that our eb's are perfectly square haha.

DuctTape

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bozeman, MT
I had the same gap, but on driver's side.

Check for square on the hoop. If the hoop is square and your doors are fine don't monkey with it, just use spacers or bushings if you want to screw those side tabs into the rails.

If your hoop isn't square, you can try bending it.

As I recall, those tabs didn't interfere with my qp covers.