• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sanderson GT40P Headers - BH vs. Mustang for Early Bronco?

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
First, let me say I cannot answer your question.

I have never had a set of headers that "just bolted on" without any modifications. They all need a little tweaking, maybe it's just a bolt hole, or some extra room around a spark plug for a socket. My point is, why would you buy headers that are already ceramic coated before you try them on your application? If you need to make any modifications you will be sick. How about the "Y" or "X" pipe? Would you not want that also coated?

I'm a big fan of ceramic coating on exhaust systems. It keeps the heat inside the pipe, and has less radiant heat. My last ceramic coated exhaust system was done Tip to Tip in Satin Black and look like new after ten years of use.

I would fabricate the entire system, make your changes, pull it apart, and have it coated. Many of the larger volume powder coat shops, now have added ceramic coating facilities.

John

Palmer, who did you coating on exhaust, i am going with explorer manifolds and want to find a reasonable place to get them coated.

JanesClassics

Evening guys, I just wanted to let you know that Janes Classic Garage is now selling the exact same sanderson header that Bronco Hut use to sell. As well as I have had Sanderson custom make exclusively for us the same header but with V-Band collector for a tight and clean fitment. We have partnered up with Sanderson.

Check us out at www.janesclassicgarage.com or on Facebook
720-681-8105

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I could swear I bought ceramic shorties from BC, but can't find it on their site, fit perfect, no interference and that includes AC compressor on explorer serp. That, and running, I could put my hand within inches of them when I know on uncoated version you needed to use asbestos gloves to even open the hood.

GSX

Hi i could not reply to a previous post with the sheet metal you have for sale . wondered if you still have the drivers door that is decent on the bottom but may need a skin ?

GSX

New to the forum . Trying to contact 1buckeyefan1 do you still have the used drivers door that has been listed in your prvious closed threads .... That has a decent bottom but may need a skin ?

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
New to the forum . Trying to contact 1buckeyefan1 do you still have the used drivers door that has been listed in your prvious closed threads .... That has a decent bottom but may need a skin ?

GSX if you click on the username of the the member your trying to contact it will show a drop down menu and a private message is one of the options...welcome to classic...

RedRaider51

Loc.
Houston, Texas
I just received my Bronco Hut headers and the two in one exhaust system. I bought the stainless header option. Made in China! The headers seem to bolt up fine and clear must be a copy of the Sanderson. One collector has an incomplete weld and a 3/16” hole on outside in plain sight! Ceramic coated headers were $640, 16 gauge steel headers $440. Last two are Sanderson made in SF, CA. Stainless are going back to BH exchange for Sanderson.

I believe the stainless ones ($340) that Bronco Hut sells are made by Pypes. The uncoated ($440) and ceramic ($640) are made by Sanderson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk