• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD seeking some help, wanting to sell cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fricker08

Hey everyone, looking for some help on a sucky situation. I had a cage and bumper built for me about a year ago, and a bumper as well.
It didn't turn out how I was expecting and made me lose interest in my project because i spent around $1,200 having it done.
It needs some TLC and I'm looking to get rid of it. The bumper also because he decided to cut the top frame horn off to mount it.
I'm asking $800 for the pair because id like to recoup some of the money i put in it. But it needs work and I don't want to rip off a fellow bronco brother or sister.
It also sat outside and is rather surface rusty. So my question is do i just cut my losses and ask $400 for everything or spend some money get it blasted and painted and go that route?
My bronco is out having a new custom cage built so using it is out of the question. Thanks in advance for any advice.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/4649576294.html

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
The problem with having it blasted and painted is whoever buys it is going to want to paint it their color.

Ink1967

Do you mind explaining what you did not like about the fabrication of your cage?
What size/kind of steel was used (dom) to build it?

OP
OP
Fricker08

Fricker08

Hey ink, yea no problem. Basically the design of the rear section wasn't what I asked for or described. I understand every fabricator is going to do their own touch. But I just wanted a bar going corner to corner instead of the bar running across the bed. Also I asked for diagonals in the roof and didn't get that.
Second was the dash bar and the grab handles. I wanted a handle like on the back on the driver side pillar and then the same on the dash bar not the pillar for the passenger.
Maybe I'm just being picky.
The main cage is 2" mild steel, the cross bars and dash bar is 1.5" and everything else is 1".
It does all fit under a hard top and clears the wipers. It does not clear a stock glove box or parking brake. Hope that answers some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.