• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SEMA 2022

CabinCruiser

Contributor
Here are shots of a nice green one outside the south hall, JB Fabrication's familiar turbo-charged monster, a green one in the Precision moldings booth, a red one that I thought was a Maxlider build but might be a Velocity build instead, and a Gateway Bronco with a blown Coyote engine in the Eaton booth.

any more details of the build with the wrap-around ranger stripe? I happen to think that looks VERY good. Has anyone seen this build before? is that the precision molding one?

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
any more details of the build with the wrap-around ranger stripe? I happen to think that looks VERY good. Has anyone seen this build before? is that the precision molding one?
It is the truck that was in the Precision Molding booth. I have a few more pics of it that I'll post tonight. I had not seen it before the show this year.

Todd Z.

hsach

Contributor
Members Only
:). Always happy to help other people spend their $$!

Todd Z.
Quick question about the new 302 block. Does that Blueprint 306 display model fit into our stock broncos with that accessory system since it is being sold as a Bronco edition? I like the idea of a new engine instead of a bored out block, if it is available. I was looking at the 408, but a new block might sway me. They also sell a 4R70W package, hopefully with a new 302 block attached.

Thanks for bringing this back up Todd, I remember a post from you last year about these coming out. My preference has always been to go local with an engine builder, but things have definitely changed and I am having a hard time finding ANY machine shop that will build an engine. A package like this from Blueprint will help someone like me get over the hump of getting a solid drivetrain installed, just so I can get it back up and running.

ngsd, do you mind telling me what the lead time is on your new 302? Just wondering if they have a lot of these new blocks and can build engines now, or if there is a big backlog. I do plan on emailing/calling them about these new blocks and if they are going to do a 347 or get new blocks for 351/408 builds. Just thought I would ask since you talked to them at the show. Congrats on the new engine, can't wait to see what you put it in!

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes local was a real pain for me as well. I waited over a year for a builder to get one back to me and they really didn't care. Blueprint supplied me with the last 306 and there customer service was great. The thought of a new block is great but also concerned that the cast is strong as well so time will tell. Realistically, I will never see the mileage like an original anyways as these are all toys for me. The stated delivery time was February when ordered last week.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Quick question about the new 302 block. Does that Blueprint 306 display model fit into our stock broncos with that accessory system since it is being sold as a Bronco edition? I like the idea of a new engine instead of a bored out block, if it is available. I was looking at the 408, but a new block might sway me. They also sell a 4R70W package, hopefully with a new 302 block attached.

Thanks for bringing this back up Todd, I remember a post from you last year about these coming out. My preference has always been to go local with an engine builder, but things have definitely changed and I am having a hard time finding ANY machine shop that will build an engine. A package like this from Blueprint will help someone like me get over the hump of getting a solid drivetrain installed, just so I can get it back up and running.

ngsd, do you mind telling me what the lead time is on your new 302? Just wondering if they have a lot of these new blocks and can build engines now, or if there is a big backlog. I do plan on emailing/calling them about these new blocks and if they are going to do a 347 or get new blocks for 351/408 builds. Just thought I would ask since you talked to them at the show. Congrats on the new engine, can't wait to see what you put it in!

I *think* that serpentine setup will fit in an EB but a quick call to Blueprint would confirm. They do sell the Bronco editions with 4R70Ws attached as well (with a D20 adapter on the output). The guy I chatted with briefly said they have blocks on-hand now (several hundred, I believe he said) and they're just starting to get them assembled - Nick's February date sounds about right. When I called a few months ago, they said 1Q23. My need for a new engine seems to have been delayed for awhile but Blueprint is still at the top of my list when the time comes.

Todd Z.