• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Serpentine conversion help

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
Here's where I'm stuck. I have the FMS ac elimintor bracket. I can't see how to put it on. I think I need a different PS mount. Any help would be great.

Attachments

• crazy picspics 006 resize.jpg
    crazy picspics 006 resize.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 119
OP
OP
ken75ranger

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
Is there enough room for the ps pump to miss the stock steering box? It measured very close. Who's fan are you running?
Thanks again!

Leo73EB

Loc.
Central Ohio
ken75ranger said:
Is there enough room for the ps pump to miss the stock steering box? It measured very close. Who's fan are you running?
Thanks again!

Here's a pic of mine... looks just like yours only I left the A/C on there:

http://groups.msn.com/leosjeepfiles/serpentinerun.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=2638

As you can see, it's sitting in the rig now, so "yes" the PS pump does miss the steering box... but not by much. You'll have to get crafty on the hoses, and chances are they will be pretty short, or routed with a few bends.

I'm running a fan I bought at AutoZone for about 20bucks. It's an Imperial flex fan for a 92 Ford Mustang GT. It fits fine after moving the rad core forward about an inch. I used a 2 1/4" spacer, but plan on cutting it back some.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
ken75ranger said:
Thanks again!
We've done 2 of the motors where we eliminated the AC and used a shorter belt. Neither one was on an EB though. (We might be doing another one in an EB before long though) Mine doesn't qualify because I have the Crown Vic/Grand Marquis Serpentine belts where the water pump is a standard rotation. I've also moved my radiator forward a couple of inches and run a Taurus electric fan so that isn't "typical" either.

72Sport

Bronco Guru
You need one like this to work with the Ford Motorsport ac eliminator bracket. It is from a 86 to 93 Mustang. It will raise the power steering pump to about the same level as the alternator. I have an extra or two if you can't find one locally.

Attachments

• 108_0853.JPG
    108_0853.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 108_0854.JPG
    108_0854.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 107_0759.JPG
    107_0759.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
OP
OP
ken75ranger

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
Thanks for the help guys. If I don't find one at the yard over the weekend I'll take you up on it 72.

72Sport

Bronco Guru
Huskerbronco said:
Hey 72, are you runnig the Napa P.S. pump on the Mustang bracket? I can't quite tell from your pic.

Yes, its the only one that will fit other than the stock one. You have to grind a rib off of the inside of the bracket as shown in the middle picture for it to fit. Napa doesn't carry it any longer.