• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Side mirror options?

Mark1911

Jeep Wrangler 2018? Side view mirrors? Look simple enough to mount.
Yes it is blasphemy I know.

Mark

Mark1911

You just don’t want anything that looks out of place or just plain wrong on your bronco, functional and pleasant to look at.

Mark

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
right now don't worry about it wait until your almost done. if you can get to one of the larger Bronco events this spring or summer you can see allot of options out there. the events are worth going if you love broncos even if you don't take one. one thing bronco owners like to do is share Bronco stories.
look below at similar threads for some options. I kicked this around alot when I was running doors but that was a long time ago I have the Grote mirrors and the squarish chrome Jeep mirrors but I never mounted them as I stopped swapping from doors and top for the winter and inserts and bikini top in the summer. I just leave it door inserts and haven't changed back in the last 15 years. so door mirrors went by the way side. almost all options need some kind of fabrication and drilling holes that mean you only do it once. Its like deciding what color you want to paint your bronco you just pick one and go with it a real leap of faith. its just not an easy decision made harder by the stupid wind wings. plus you need to get your seats in first.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not at all. Clear as a bell.
OK, let me “clear“ that comment up a little.🙄
I should not have said clear as a bell, but the view is actually clear and not blurry at all. Although it does move as in, wobble slightly.
About the same as the factory mirrors in fact, but with the larger view area it’s not as annoying.

So they definitely move around a little bit, but it does not blur the image and you can see pretty far away with them.

Idaho Ben

I like these but they install on the side of the windshield/pillar not the door, which is nice when you're using trail doors...not too expensive and you can find them on several online shops
Where did you get those? They look good

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX
Where did you get those? They look good
Got them off of Amazon, they show unavailable right now but I've seen them on plenty of other sites....

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
I’ve used 92-96 f150 mirrors. It takes a bit of fab work to mount them as they need more structure inside the door to support them and eliminate vibration. They provide a great field of view, fold in and break away forward as well. I have them on both my 74 and 78 broncos.

BroncoLee

Loc.
Broken Arrow, OK
I like these but they install on the side of the windshield/pillar not the door, which is nice when you're using trail doors...not too expensive and you can find them on several online shops
What color is that? I love it! Plan on doing a dark gray and black paint scheme on mine one of these years.

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX
What color is that? I love it! Plan on doing a dark gray and black paint scheme on mine one of these years.
That's a really good question! It was painted on by a PO so I'm not sure, just know that it is a dark gray matte...I do like gray and black. someday when I take it all apart and redo, I'll probably go with an Audi gray, I really like how that looks...

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
I've been running Ranger mirrors since they came out in the early '80's (or whenever). Worked great for towing. I pulled the pass one years ago.

I have the stock mirrors, just havent put them back on. Big ones look clunky but I'll tell ya, you can SEE when you are backing up! lol

I run a KTM motorcycle mirror that is permanently mounted on my cage and all I have to do is fold it out for 9 months a year when I run my trail doors.