• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OR Sliding side window update

Derelict

Contributor
Loc.
Aurora Oregon
City: Aurora Oregon
Price: $ 595

The sliding side window shipment of 50 pair is finally "On the Water" headed my way :)

Estimated to hit Port of Portland between Jan 10-20. Then Customs has their way with it for ???. I should have them in my possession and ready to ship by end of January

I have a list of interested parties but please check back in if you are interested to be sure I don't miss anyone. Price is $595 pair

Thanks for all your patience, it has been a long journey :)

OP
OP
D

Derelict

Contributor
Loc.
Aurora Oregon
The sliding side window shipment of 50 pair is finally "On the Water" headed my way :)

Estimated to hit Port of Portland between Jan 10-20. Then Customs has their way with it for ???. I should have them in my possession and ready to ship by end of January

I have a list of interested parties but please check back in if you are interested to be sure I don't miss anyone. Price is $595 pair

Thanks for all your patience, it has been a long journey :)
UPDATE:
window inst 1.jpeg
window inst 2.jpeg
window inst 3.jpeg
window inst 4.jpeg
window inst 5.jpeg
window inst 1.jpeg window inst 1.jpeg window inst 2.jpeg window inst 3.jpeg window inst 4.jpeg window inst 5.jpeg

The Windows arrived 2 weeks ago and have already sold 34 pair out of 50, and going fast. Getting ready to place another order for 100 pair this time, ETA will be mid to late May

Several people have inquired about natural aluminum frames with clear glass. I can get them this way but my minimum quantity is 20 pair. That creates a little issue with inventory management for me but if I get at least ten (pair) commitments I'll go ahead and do it.
I don't need payment at this time just let me know you want a pair (or more) like that and if there is enough interest before I order I will go ahead on those

FYI, I do accept PayPal payments and can ship within a day or two of receiving a paid order. If you send me your zip code I will get back to you with a shipping quote. If you have your own UPS or Fedex account I can ship on that as well.

Thanks to all of you for the support, this has been fun, even if a bit overwhelming.

BruiserOutdoors

UPDATE: View attachment 919659 View attachment 919660 View attachment 919661 View attachment 919662 View attachment 919664 View attachment 919659 View attachment 919659 View attachment 919660 View attachment 919661 View attachment 919662 View attachment 919664

The Windows arrived 2 weeks ago and have already sold 34 pair out of 50, and going fast. Getting ready to place another order for 100 pair this time, ETA will be mid to late May

Several people have inquired about natural aluminum frames with clear glass. I can get them this way but my minimum quantity is 20 pair. That creates a little issue with inventory management for me but if I get at least ten (pair) commitments I'll go ahead and do it.
I don't need payment at this time just let me know you want a pair (or more) like that and if there is enough interest before I order I will go ahead on those

FYI, I do accept PayPal payments and can ship within a day or two of receiving a paid order. If you send me your zip code I will get back to you with a shipping quote. If you have your own UPS or Fedex account I can ship on that as well.

Thanks to all of you for the support, this has been fun, even if a bit overwhelming.
can you inform me how these are different than the option that used to be available thru Toms? Genuinely curious.
See post #4.

https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threads/sliding-side-windows.299771/

OP
OP
D

Derelict

Contributor
Loc.
Aurora Oregon
can you inform me how these are different than the option that used to be available thru Toms? Genuinely curious.
See post #4.

https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threads/sliding-side-windows.299771/
Sure
They look very similar but there are differences.
The originals were made by CR Laurence Co. They were black finished extruded aluminum frame with medium tint glass. They only opened from back to front and had no screen and I believe the extruded frames were screwed together at corners (I might be wrong about that)

These windows are also black finished extruded aluminum frames, welded at corners, medium tint glass. BOTH glass panels slide, back to front and front to back. Back panel also has interior screen that will also slide open back to front if rear panel is open. Both panels lock in closed position. They install with original style gasket and will work with either the basic solid black rubber gasket or the sport gasket for use with the bright stainless insert as is shown in the pics here.

This project started about 2-1/2 years ago with me trying to find a pair of the original CR Laurance windows for my Bronco. I missed a couple pair and the prices were pretty high ( I just recently came across an NOS pair in original box for $1000 !). I tried in vain to convince CR Laurance to re-introduce them, no luck. So I set out to find a manufacturer to tool up to make them. I had to pay for tooling costs to create new specific extrusion profile, have prototypes made, and then place a production order.

I hope that helps.

Contributor
I really like these! Good job! Wish I was at a point in my build to justify purchasing them..

BruiserOutdoors

Sure
They look very similar but there are differences.
The originals were made by CR Laurence Co. They were black finished extruded aluminum frame with medium tint glass. They only opened from back to front and had no screen and I believe the extruded frames were screwed together at corners (I might be wrong about that)

These windows are also black finished extruded aluminum frames, welded at corners, medium tint glass. BOTH glass panels slide, back to front and front to back. Back panel also has interior screen that will also slide open back to front if rear panel is open. Both panels lock in closed position. They install with original style gasket and will work with either the basic solid black rubber gasket or the sport gasket for use with the bright stainless insert as is shown in the pics here.

This project started about 2-1/2 years ago with me trying to find a pair of the original CR Laurance windows for my Bronco. I missed a couple pair and the prices were pretty high ( I just recently came across an NOS pair in original box for $1000 !). I tried in vain to convince CR Laurance to re-introduce them, no luck. So I set out to find a manufacturer to tool up to make them. I had to pay for tooling costs to create new specific extrusion profile, have prototypes made, and then place a production order.

I hope that helps.
I appreciate the clarification! I have a set of the original CR's

OP
OP
D

Derelict

Contributor
Loc.
Aurora Oregon
I have sold the last set of this batch of windows!! However, Bronco Designs (Corey), Toms, and Wild Horses will all have them in stock within next two weeks. At this time their inventories will be limited. There is a new batch of 100 pair in process with ETA around mid to late May
I would like to have another stocking re-seller in Northeast area. If interested please contact me.
My plan at this time is to no longer sell directly to end users, I will direct interested buyers to one of the stocking re-sellers.
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
My thanks to this forum for all the support.
AND, I'm still hoping to track down my old Regis Red 71 Bronco, last seen apparently in New Hampshire area?
My old 71 from New Hampshire-2.jpg
My old 71 from New Hampshire.jpg

sk1nw4lk3r

I have sold the last set of this batch of windows!! However, Bronco Designs (Corey), Toms, and Wild Horses will all have them in stock within next two weeks. At this time their inventories will be limited. There is a new batch of 100 pair in process with ETA around mid to late May
I would like to have another stocking re-seller in Northeast area. If interested please contact me.
My plan at this time is to no longer sell directly to end users, I will direct interested buyers to one of the stocking re-sellers.
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
My thanks to this forum for all the support.
AND, I'm still hoping to track down my old Regis Red 71 Bronco, last seen apparently in New Hampshire area? View attachment 919941 View attachment 919942

You may want to reach out to Nick at Northeast Classic Ford parts for that final plug.

Congrats on the success!

I'm waiting for a set of the no tint silver ones!

OP
OP
D

Derelict

Contributor
Loc.
Aurora Oregon
You may want to reach out to Nick at Northeast Classic Ford parts for that final plug.

Congrats on the success!

I'm waiting for a set of the no tint silver ones!
Thanks for that info, I got that from another person as well. I will reach out today.
You are the 3rd person to request the natural/clear combo. I placed my 100 pair order this morning and asked to be able to order just 10 pair in that combination (they had told me 20 pair min) so waiting to hear back on that. I've also posed that to "The Big 3" so it is possible we might get enough interest to go for the 20 pair minimum order.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Will these work without the gasket and look ok? I don’t have a pic, but it is a newer way to mount windshields with just the sealer, no gasket.

OP
OP
D

Derelict

Contributor
Loc.
Aurora Oregon
No is the simple answer. I designed a glue-in window also but didn't like the appearance of it. Also, if someone was wanting to install it in a top that was already painted you would notice where the gasket "isn't", if that makes sense?
I'm also working on similar window for the new 2 door bronco and it will be a frameless glue-in style.

OP
OP
D

Derelict

Contributor
Loc.
Aurora Oregon
HEADS UP ON INSTALLATION

These windows are a VERY snug fit making them difficult (not impossible, just difficult) to install. I am sending heads ups out to all who haven’t already figured it out on their own !

I had checked fit of the prototypes and knew they were snug in my top but it now appears that there may be some slight variances in window opening dimensions over the 11 years of production and likely multiple vendors of early Bronco tops. There are also multiple manufacturers of the gaskets which may also have some discrepancies. These variances may make some installations more difficult than others.

Here are my observations and tips that may make life a little easier ?

Be sure you follow the attached installation instructions I included with windows:

I pushed one through the installed gasket and in to be flush with outside of gasket in top, I didn't want to rope it all the way in because top isn't painted yet. I will say it was very snug getting the part of the window frame that protrudes to inside through the installed gasket, but I used an abundance of lubricant and once past the split for the outer frame groove it went in fine. I did have to be inside manipulating that inside edge of outer groove while a helper pushed from outside. For whatever reason on the gaskets I have (From Toms) that inside edge of the groove is about .030 longer than the outside edge creating a "stop" or barrier for the frame to get past, that is what I had to manipulate from inside. That extra edge serves no purpose and I may razor blade it off at an angle before permanently installing, to make it easier for frame to pass through. Overall the process is certainly more difficult than installing a fixed glass ☹

I have one customer so far that let me know he had a very hard time and he actually taped everything off and ground 1/8" off the inside flange of the window opening in his top to make life easier. He installed the gasket on the window and pushed the window into and through the opening, roping it into the roof from inside (opposite of my instructions). He was pretty matter of fact about the extra work and having to grind on his roof opening and said he loves the windows. He sent pics (attached) and they look great

When I first designed these I used an actual Ford EB side glass as a template for the outside dimensions and I have compared the final product to that and it is right on. I also used sections of original Ford gaskets to determine the height of the part of the extrusion that protrudes through the gasket to inside. Because those gaskets were used and probably somewhat compressed I apparently didn't allow as much clearance as I should have? My Bad ☹

So far I have not had any report of NOT being able to get a window into a top, but as Curly said “The day ain't over yet”

Feel free to call me prior to starting the installation and PLEASE let me know your experience if you’ve already tackled it.
541-944-9089 call or text tomndine@outlook.com theitmanek@westmarklm.com
full install.jpeg

Attachments

• install instr pic.jpeg
    install instr pic.jpeg
    201 KB · Views: 21