• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Source for disc brake parts?

oldiron

Bronco Guru
I'm running into an availability problem here locally for 72-76 chevy spindles and backing plates. I need a set to do my disc brake conversion and get the front finished. It seems all my chevy buddies are out as are all the local salvage yards. Anyone have a good reliable source for these?
Thanks
Greg

metal1

Loc.
hidesert ,socal
I was able to source all my parts from a few local 4 x 4 custom shops, I used spindles from a ttb ford front axle and the hardest part to find was the caliper mounting backing plates all in all a very nice conversion ;)

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I'm running into an availability problem here locally for 72-76 chevy spindles and backing plates. I need a set to do my disc brake conversion and get the front finished. It seems all my chevy buddies are out as are all the local salvage yards. Anyone have a good reliable source for these?
Thanks
Greg

It's getting harder and harder to find stuff as most of these trucks have aged out by now in the pick-a-part yards. You can use backing plates from later model vehicles - up to '91 on the GM stuff. I've found one decent set of spindles from that vintage in the last 5-7 years.

Todd Z.