• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Source for new or reman Bronco C4 transmissions?

C_Man69EB

All, I've Googled around a bit and I'm having trouble finding exactly what I'm looking for. Is there a source to buy remanufactured or new, off-the-shelf, Bronco C4's?

Keeping in mind it needs to be the flared case transmission with four-wheel drive output shaft Etc.

Anybody sell them that can ship them to your door?

doing a full conversion from manual to automatic on a daily driver 76. I have a wanted ad up on another post for All Transmission related parts. Have a line on pedal assembly and column.

Thanks!!

Broncobowsher

Total hack
New no longer exists. Hasn't for decades.
The reman option doesn't really exist either. There just isn't a bunch of cores.
What you are going to have to do is find a Bronco C4, and get it rebuilt.
You can do a Bronco salvage yard (like Driven Auto Parts) and order up a Bronco C4 and have it shipped to a rebuilder before it is delivered to you.

OP
OP
C_Man69EB

C_Man69EB

Thanks bowsher. Yeah... new was a bad description... but I see it's of reman step case c4's on the aftermarket... Summitt, jegs, etc. But no flared cases

Ok... you've answered my question. I really need to find a good core. I have a local guy i trust to build it...

I'll check with driven auto and our vendors.

Grinch

This may be too late, as it appears you have bought some stuff already. Plus shipping from here is pricey. However, I have a C4 set up from my 74 Sport. I changed it out for an AOD last year. I also have the rebuilt column + other parts. But I’m not interested in parting out the stuff and will only sell as one package. If you’re interested let me know.

OP
OP
C_Man69EB

C_Man69EB

I'm actually still very interested. I haven't made any real commitments yet, I just have access to an automatic column and pedals and the lower steering link. Honestly, everything else I still need and have nots committed yet.

To be honest, it sounds like you have exactly what I'm looking for. I really wanted a one-stop-shop for everything. Ideally, I would have everything right down to the shifter rod from the column to the transmission shift lever, the shift indicator on top of the column, even the drive shaft if it's different than the 3 on the tree. I need a good converter, flywheel, bell housing, technically speaking I even need the park and or neutral safety switch. I'm interested in every single component no matter how minutely that would be different for an automatic Bronco.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could elaborate in a bit more detail about what all you have to offer, condition, mileage? And shoot me a price for the set up. And ultimately, shipping cost to Oklahoma City 73120. It's a commercial address but we do not have a loading dock. However, if they will allow muscle I have more than enough people to manhandle it off the truck. Or I can back my truck up to the delivery truck and slide it into the pickup. Or, and maybe most preferred, I can pick it up at the local shipping hub. Thank you for the reply, this is my best lead so far, please let me know.

Grinch

C4

Here's a few quick pics of the trans & column. I'll send you a PM with a list of stuff and a price after I go though my parts and see what all I have.

Attachments

• c4.jpg
    c4.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 65
  • c4a.jpg
    c4a.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 57
  • c4b.jpg
    c4b.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 58
  • auto.jpg
    auto.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 57

Grinch

Sent you a PM. Couldn't get the pic to load that way so here it is. If you're interested in the carb too, I'll send a pic of that as well. Thx.

Attachments

• P1010006.jpg
    P1010006.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 57
OP
OP
C_Man69EB

C_Man69EB

thanks mp and Viper... yep, best to do a deal like grinch has, get nearly all of it in one place. Im working on it.

Grinch

PM'd a response to your offer. Here's pics of the dip stick with tube you wanted, and other parts I described plus a closer one of the output shaft.

Attachments

• P1010007.jpg
    P1010007.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 27
  • P1010013.jpg
    P1010013.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 30

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
I am sure I have 7 or 8 of them for sale,
I offer rebuilt versions but only have them built once ordered.