• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

steering box problem

derrick1032

Loc.
Calgary, Canada
I just rebuilt my steering box and put it back in,but when I start the truck, the steering wheel/box automatically turns left.Did I miss a seal or something?
The box is the factory power steering out of a 76.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:p :p :p You will need to read up on it but it's just a adjustment I think its the ring on top were the steering shaft enters. Im not sure its been a long time since I worked on one good luck.:p :p :p Bill %) :cool: ;D

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
Call West Texas Offroad and talk to them. They are really good about giving out advice. I dont know their number but im sure you can find it on their website.

OP
OP
derrick1032

derrick1032

Loc.
Calgary, Canada
After scratching my head for a while, i finally just took it down to the local hydra steer shop,turns out it was the valve assembly inside that was damaged allowing fluid past and putting pressure on the left pressure side.they charged an our to change faulty part(already had the box dissasembled) for a total cost of $65.what a sigh of relief,i thought i was gonna have to find a new box.