• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stock mustang 87-93 TV cable ok to use for AOD swap?

bcmbcmbcm

Loc.
Wellington Fl
Hey folks,

I just wanted to check the resident experts (you!) if a stock mustang 5.0 87-93 TV cable with stock mustang brackets ( throttle body end and transmission end ) will work with a stock mustang 5.0 87-93 intake and a BBK throttle body.

The BC kickdown kit does not work, it doesn’t provide enough adjustment. Totally surprised by this, but regardless I wonder if stock gear would be better.

On a different note ( more for talk), the Bronco has been through several shops, one resto shop, one general mechanic, and one trans shop, and none of them noticed the BC cable didn’t have enough adjustment. A local trans shop that I found on yelp of all places noticed it in an instant.

The trans has no miles on it so I haven’t smoked it. But..I can’t drive it or continue my build until I sort this out.

I have a limited time to scour the pick and pull on Sunday but it would be great to know in advance if this will work and exactly what I am looking for.

I have learned a lot in the decade long build. In the old days I would have just bought the parts and see if a mechanic could sort it out. I know better know. I know to ask!

Thanks again everyone.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Yes, I have used a Mustang AOD TV cable on a Bronco, provided that you are using the Mustang bracketry... The adjustment on the cable is extremely important to the life of the trans.
The Manual trans accelerator cable bracket is short and does not have provisions to mount the TV cable, FYI

OP
OP
B

bcmbcmbcm

Loc.
Wellington Fl
thanks. How does this work with a throttle cable?

Yes, I have used a Mustang AOD TV cable on a Bronco, provided that you are using the Mustang bracketry... The adjustment on the cable is extremely important to the life of the trans.
The Manual trans accelerator cable bracket is short and does not have provisions to mount the TV cable, FYI

Thank you. How do the mustang brackets (at the intake/Throttle body end) work with various throttle cables?

I understand the bracket for the TV cable and the throttle cable is the same. I have the BC throttle cable and brackets, the throttle cable works perfectly but the TV doesn't. Ideally I would like to make this as much stock/production as possible. So I was leaning towards using the 87-93 Mustang Throttle cable/TV bracket with the 87-93 Mustang TV cable (stock) and the BC throttle cable that connects the stock EB pedal with the Mustang throttle body.

That way, the only custom parts to make this whole deal work would be the BC throttle cable and the BC reverse rotation water pump. I am running Mustang 5.0 serp brackets with an EB timing cover, EB radiator and hoses. Two vehicles, but all stock except the water pump.