• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Strange damage to 351 timing cover

mudford

Loc.
Midland, MI
I noticed that I was leaking oil while I was at the dunes last weekend. I thought it was coming from the front seal. I was surprised to a hole in my timing cover when I got the balancer off. I don't see any other damage nearby as if something flew up there and broke it. It looks like something broke it from the inside. It still runs fine, good oil pressure, no weird noises. Anyone ever have anything like this happen?

Attachments

• cover damage.JPG
    cover damage.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 72

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's odd, I wonder if a rock got hung in there between the cover and the balancer? Are there any marks on the back of the balancer?

OP
OP
mudford

mudford

Loc.
Midland, MI
Balancer looks good. I'm going to pull the timing cover off tonight, and see what I find under there.

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Do you run a manual fuel pump? I wonder if the arm got damaged somehow? I would pull the cover for sure.;)