• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Super Dave's new ride?

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Can't seem to find the thread on Dave's new trail rig. I know he was supposed to pick it up this past weekend.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Sorry brother, I'll post some pics up soon. Didn't get TOO many of the new rig, cause I was in 2WD the majority of the day..

Playing over by the damn on the rocks/ledges, Gordon decided on a trip thru the canyon "aka gulley" with water flowing thru it.

Following Hardy up a pile of rocks bout 1/2 way thru, front end got in a bind somehow and Snap/crackle/Pop, both front axles broke...
Had the replacement for the passenger side, none for the drivers, so it was 2WD rest of the day, following the boys to the hot spots, taking pics.. Definitely gonna have to set up another trip to Disney, great area and lots of different things to do..

Post up some Pics a little later man.. Thanks for checking.

oh and the "Beast" is tucked away in the 3rd car garage, Gotta remember to air down them tires before I attempt to back out, LOL

here is one of the Few I got of the "Beast"

Attachments

• DSC_3019.jpg
    DSC_3019.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 207
OP
OP
BroncoJAK

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Guess I could give you a hard time about an invite seeing how I carry spare axles.

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
I've heard the phrase "breaking it in" used on new vehicles, but Dave your taking it way to seriously. :p ;D

Last edited:

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Were those stock axles Dave ?

Glad you got to go wheeling with it, 2wd wheeling is still wheeling.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Were those stock axles Dave ?

Glad you got to go wheeling with it, 2wd wheeling is still wheeling.

Thanks man, they were Yukons.. Might make an attempt to "warranty" but you know how that goes.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
You guy's make that just look to easy, nice truck's in both vids.

Them boys are "Set up" Definitely easy for them... Hope to make my attempt at it one of these dang days..

So I can invite "BroncoJAK" :)

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
HaHa Dave, I've told you, you don't have to try everything that Gordon does!!!! I bet it was when sippyJim did it that you had to try?????? Great video and your new rig looks great!!!! Congratulations!!!!;D;D;D

Happy New Year!!!!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thanks Ben!!! and I was "technically" yes, Following Jim. It was nothing I would've even thought would cause a break like that. and I ALMOST went around too, should've listened to the wifey, lol.

Happy New Year to YOU Sir!!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
well I weren't punching it by no means.. lol Oh well, work out the kinks before Sept right ;)