• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Swung by wild horses last week

ren71

Now I just need motivation to install them.

Attachments

• img_7257_custom.jpg
    img_7257_custom.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 222

D ROCK

What you spent onthe receipt and some ice cold beer should be inspiration enuff.;D;D;D

barronj

Bronco Guru
When every you plan to do that job, you should plan to soak your U bolt nuts 12-24 hours in advance with penetrating oil, or break out the sawzall.

You'll spill a little blood.

You'll cuss the retaining nut washers on the front hubs for your disc install.

I sure hope you have air tools;D, that will make it only a 1 day job;D

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
ren71,
Congrats, nice purchase. My 2cents, SOAK the rear u-bolts, shackles, leafs with liquid wrench several times for a few days before you start. Also, get a wire brush then scrub off the threads on the u-bolts, it will make things so much easier. Personally I'd do the rear first, it's a quicker job, you'll get a sense of satisfaction, and you won't have to worry about the front sitting higher either.

Where in West LA do you live? Ring me if you get stuck or have questions about the install. I've done the front disc from WH and springs on all 4 corners too.

Good luck and remember, SOAK it first.
Chris
:cool:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey ren, sorry I missed you. Looks like you could have used a couple of extra hands getting it out to the truck!

Enjoy the project. Why not today? You gettin' the rain too, or just enjoying the sun too much?

Paul

OP
OP
R

ren71

Looks like you could have used a couple of extra hands getting it out to the truck!
Paul

I wish I had a truck! The Bronco doesn't count till it's running.

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm in the process of installing the fuel injection so the suspension has to wait till it's done or when the old lady gets sick of having half a bronco in the living room, whichever comes first.

@taipeichris, I'm in the culvercity/playa vista area, you wouldnt happen to know how to weld do yah? ;)

This place is awesome, great buncha people.

Attachments

• what_truck.jpg
    what_truck.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 33

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Penetrating oil on the bolts never hurts!

I'm sure there is a trick to it but getting the spindles out of the 44 can be a PITA! :eek: However, once you get that squared away, the rest shouldn't be too bad. You could easily get Most if not all installed in one/two days tops!

Good luck with the install!

Last edited: