• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Red "R" . . . and Some Other Small Mods . . . Fog Lights Work!

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Looks good. Does it rattle or squeak? I have thought about adding something like that but dont want to add any more rattles to the tail gate area.
No rattles or squeaks that I've noticed so for. I did have 2 big suit cases in the back yesterday and they moved around a bit and unlatched the 2 latches that hold the table in the stowed position. The "cheap" latches were the only complaints I saw in the reviews of this table that I read. I may have to upgrade the latches? Other than that, it seems to be very well made.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
EBs are SOOO easy to work on!

To add a winch to this Gen6 I'm having to relocate the Adaptive Cruiser Control sensor and the proximity sensors. You have to tear the whole front apart to do this!

Here's the relocated ACC sensor.

IMG_3751.JPG

For the proximity sensors I'm having to extend the sensor wires to reach the relocated sensors on the winch plate. Too much tech!

IMG_3752.JPG

Had to extend them about 6 inches.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
The rest of the story . . .

The PO of this Bronco bought another Bronco because he didn't like the color of this one. The Velocity Blue shows dirt too much for him so he bought a white one. This Bronco originally came with a Modular Bumper. His new one had the Capable Bumper. So he swapped bumpers before I bought it. The Turn Offroad winch plate I'm installing was designed for the Modular Bumper but their website said it would work on the Capable Bumper, which I confirmed with their sales rep. "Bolts right up!" Well, not so fast! The instructions for lengthening the proximity sensor wires did not work on the Capable Bumper (different harness) and the supplied brackets are a bit too big - I will need to trim the bumper opening a bit.

ACC relocation was great and the instructions for lengthening the ACC wires worked well.

It will fit up fine with a bit of trimming, but the install is not quite as straight forward as I had thought.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Looks like a G2 dash is the background of your picture...

I'm not sure how anyone without some experience can install anything these days. Instructions are vague, pictures are a little rough to see things, and the Tech lines can have a long wait...

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Looks like a G2 dash is the background of your picture...

I'm not sure how anyone without some experience can install anything these days. Instructions are vague, pictures are a little rough to see things, and the Tech lines can have a long wait...

Yup! Off my 78 Bronco. I did an AC delete on it and installed a non-AC dash (no vents). This one will be wall art!

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Glad to see I’m not the only one recycling vintage winches😍
Yes! It's about 20 years old. Warn XD9000i. I replaced the solenoids and have new synthetic rope for it. I lubed the gears up but did not totally rebuild it. I won it at an East Coast 4X4 meeting in about 2005. It was donated by Land Rover and has the Land Rover logo on it!

IMG_3764.JPG

I'm OK with that because Ford owned Land Rover at the time! LOL

I installed a solenoid isolator which I'll hook up to one of the Aux switches.

IMG_3762.JPG

ssray

Loc.
South Central NE
Interesting that the ACC sensor looks though two layers of grille. All plastic, I assume. All the electronics is making it hard for aftermarket mods and accessories.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Any thoughts on which amp aux switch I should hook up to for the solenoid trigger? I hooked it up to the 15 amp circuit but I would think 10 amp should work OK? The choices are 30, 15 or 10.