• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Red "R" . . . and Some Other Small Mods . . . Fog Lights Work!

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Well moving the ACC sensor caused it to sense a blockage and shut the ACC off. Not all the time, but occasionally. So I pulled the grille again and removed 2 of the shutter slats that were in front of the sensor. Haven't driven it yet to test the "fix", but I'm hoping this will solve the issue. When I reassembled I cut and installed the plastic trim pieces on the bumper - it looks more finished now!

IMG_3901.JPG

Still need to hook up the fog lights . . .

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
So far so good. I don't want to jinx my fix but about 50 miles of driving yesterday and no sensor fault! Fingers crossed that removing the slats worked.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I drove it in freezing rain yesterday and got the sensor fault. BUT I've gotten it before in freezing rain conditions when it was in the stock position. Pretty sure removing the 2 slats has solved the problem.

I have converted a couple local Jeepers to the Bronco and one new owner has asked me to install the same winch plate and ACC relocation bracket on her new Bronco. I wanted to solve this issue before I did her installation. I think I'm good to go now!

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I hooked up the stock Ford fog lights that come with the Capable Bumper to one of the upfitter switches. My Bronco came from the factory with the optional Modular Bumper which has no stock fog lights, thus I have no stock fog light switch! The original owner swapped front bumpers with his new Bronco before he sold it to me.

I really like the upfitter switches. I'm using 3 now: Raptor lights, winch isolator and now fog lights. They make adding anything electrical very easy.

IMG_3935.JPG

I'm undecided on adding ditch lights. I already have some LED pod lights that would work well as ditch lights but not sure I like the look. Although they would probably work well for driving at night here in the mountains - need to watch for deer on the road.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Looks great Gary. I really like the up fitter switches on Fords. I use one set on my bronco for fog lights I put in the Mod bumper and in my superduty I used one switch for rear spot lights to aid in backing my boat trailer in my driveway at night. They do make it really easy to add things to the truck.