• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Throwback Weekend, April 12-14 Townsend TN

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Heard rumors about this and was on the Bronco Driver site last night. Looks like it’s official! The weekend before SuperCel at the Talley Ho, for 1966-1996 Broncos only. Registration price has increased, but there’s a discount if attending both events.

https://www.broncodriver.com/index.php/events/bronco-super-celebration/
Perfect, not that I don't like the 6th Gen I own one. But this event was and always be about the "original" Broncos to me. So I will be planning accordingly. I also wonder how many will actually be at the "Throwback" back event, and will it be worth the time to go.

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Dang it! Another year/event at Townsend that my rig isn’t ready to drive up for. <sigh>. Hope everything else goes well and at least I will be able to attend.

Randy

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
It was confirmed about a month ago through Tom and others so I went ahead and booked Talley Ho. I plan to do both events this year, and possibly just the Throwback next year if the attendance is good. Hopefully everyone catches on after this time and it becomes a full split off from the new ones.

Broncoaddict

I will be doing both for sure this year. If the throwback sticks around may just do that next year.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
I really hate theyvdid this decision, messed up reservations and poorly communicated. They could have easily split the show fields and limited the number of new Broncos ( the real intent since much of that crowd is "different*). Now if you want to see both, 10 days+ away if you don't live close. Horrible.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
D
I really hate theyvdid this decision, messed up reservations and poorly communicated. They could have easily split the show fields and limited the number of new Broncos ( the real intent since much of that crowd is "different*). Now if you want to see both, 10 days+ away if you don't live close. Horrible.
Didn't the split the show fields the last few times?

I do see the issue with people that don't live close and trying to make both though..

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Interesting, I was there a couple of years ago and I seem to recall a separate area for the new rigs closest to the welcome center.

Think it's more of an issue with lodging, eating, cruises, etc being too crowded with 66-23' being there at once.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Think it's more of an issue with lodging, eating, cruises, etc being too crowded with 66-23' being there at once.
I'm curious if thats it? Or that a lot of the new bronco owners don't get and don't want to "get" the older bronco?
Ive have rather felt from the get go that the new bronco owners would rather have their events..

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I'm curious if thats it? Or that a lot of the new bronco owners don't get and don't want to "get" the older bronco?
Ive have rather felt from the get go that the new bronco owners would rather have their events..
That very well could be...