• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tire/Rim and backspacing Combination Suggestions

ddrass

Hi guys:

I'm restoring a 69 Bronco and I'm wondering what size tire and rims I should go with. The truck's going to see most of its time as a dailly drive on the road, a little highway driving, and non-technical off-roading (fire trails, hunting tracks, etc. - no crawling, bogging, etc.) and will be geared appropriately. There will be no lift, and it will run on a stock suspension, though it will be cut. What size tire and rim would you suggest? And how about the backspacing? The truck's going to have discs all the way around. Thanks for the imput! :)

-Dave

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
You can run 33's with all the fenders cut and no lift while I now have a lift I run BFG 33x10.50's I really like how they look compared to 12.50's I run them on 15x8 wheels with 3 5/8" back spacing no rubbing anywheres.