• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tire / wheel size question

Ecavalino

Loc.
San Francisco Bay Area
Have 33x12.5x15 currently - Fuel revolver wheels on BFG M/T which I want to switch to A/T. Bronco is a weekend grocery runner.
Any thoughts/concerns to go to a 33x10.5x15 instead?
OR
Upgrade to 17” Fuel wheels and use 33x12.5x17 or same question go to 10.5?
Again any issues to go narrower? Any compromise?

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Depends on your set up but it sounds like your fenders are cut. For your use, it's really a cosmetics / personal preference issue. including the switch from M/Ts to A/Ts.

I have your approx current setup. I have thought about going to the 10.5s many times an like the slightly thinner look. Keep in mind, that when they are 2" thinner, its only 1" on the outside.

In terms of the 17"s, the issue you run into is that wheels are typically 17x9. Some version of 10.5"s can probably be mounted but probably not recommended.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
What rim width?

For a street rig I got for wider rims than a hard core off-roader. Keeps the tread more square and on the ground. You are not looking for bead retention of a stretched tire.
Look at the tire specs for the tire you are thinking about. It will list approved rim sizes. For street use, stay in that window.