• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Transfer case yoke?

OP
OP
Jaybr

Jaybr

Contributor
This is the old one
995c66719f0aaef031cc8854e30db9a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lando375

Cleaning up my D20 getting ready to rebuild. Pulled the front output yoke and it’s grooved pretty good, which I assume will cause it to leak. Figure I’ll just replace them both and want to make sure I order the right part. This look right? https://tomsoffroad.com/parts/66-77-ford-bronco-dana-20-transfer-case-yoke

That's the one. Both of mine had grooves in the so I purchased two of them for my rebuild. Small price to pay for piece of mind.

OP
OP
Jaybr

Jaybr

Contributor
That's the one. Both of mine had grooves in the so I purchased two of them for my rebuild. Small price to pay for piece of mind.

Thanks, I have 2 on the way with new seals and nuts.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Save a ton of coin and buy a Speedi-sleeve and install.
That ^. A yoke repaired with a Speedi-sleeve is actually better than new yoke as far as sealing performance goes. I routinely add sleeves to all my dif and transfer case yokes.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Go to "Speedi sleeve on line.

Enter your diameter & any other pertinent info.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Also used to be brand called Redi sleeve if I remember. Probably one or two others as well over the years.

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
Go to Napa or Carquest, Speedi Sleeve will usually be in stock. BTW, they aren't cheap. No matter if you use the old or new, now you will have spares.

nvrstuk

Contributor
... and spares are important. The last two yokes that came with an Atlas order are pure JUNK! I mean when you grenade a yoke on the tcase when snow wheeling.... tires spin in snow- not much torque load. Spares are good to haul around, least they will get you home. :)

CowboyGrin

Contributor
the circus looks like fun
Loc.
Oklahoma
... and spares are important. The last two yokes that came with an Atlas order are pure JUNK! I mean when you grenade a yoke on the tcase when snow wheeling.... tires spin in snow- not much torque load. Spares are good to haul around, least they will get you home. :)
Any good sources/alternatives for better quality yokes for an Atlas? I ordered mine without based on the same complaints. Getting close to install so need to start looking.

nvrstuk

Contributor
I believe I bought all mine from these guys. Great to work with.
I run flanges on my ProCase now but they were the only outfit yrs ago to have the correct forged 14bolt non-strap yoke that was "short" for my setup.

Good luck! Get forged at least!

https://www.nationaldrivetrain.com/