• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tuffy console and speakers for EB

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
So I'm struggling with speaker location for my build. I'm not currently running doors, but even if I put them back on I would do so with lift off hinges, so the doors are out.
My dash is semi stock, and I have moved the stock speaker to the extreme right, but there's no place for a speaker on the left. I don't really like the idea of mounting speakers on the dash.
I was considering putting two 3" quality speakers in both sides of my tuffy console, probably towards the front bottom.
I'm not an audiofile, and I definitely don't need to shake the windows of the car next to me , but it would be nice to have some tunes while I'm rolling down the road.
Does this seemed feasible?

THX,
JB

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
It sounds like you have a trail rig. I would do something like this. It works with / without rear panels. This way you can get a 6 1/2' or even a 6x9.

Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 10.37.29 AM.png
Edit: The image is from an ICON Bronco so if it's good enough for J. Ward, it's good enough for me!

Last edited:

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
I was going to do the same, would have been a relatively clean install since the head unit is also mounted in my tuffy console. I hung the speakers temporarily off the sides of the console and it didn't sound very good that close to the seat. So I did the same as what @BGBronco just shared. Definitely recommend doing the same.

Attachments

• 20230319_114250.jpg
    20230319_114250.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
Johnnyb

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
Yeah I guess I could tuck some in back there.
I'm going to run 20 amp power to the console, I could pop the speaker wires out the bottom and then bring them up right behind the cage mount to keep it clean.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Yeah I guess I could tuck some in back there.
I'm going to run 20 amp power to the console, I could pop the speaker wires out the bottom and then bring them up right behind the cage mount to keep it clean.

post pics, mounting, all that stuff as you go. video as well :) share the way