• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ultra-Flow Headers.

Unknown

Contributor
Installing a set of second hand Ultra-Flow long tube headers and wondering how much manipulation the dipstick is going to take to get around these headers. Anybody have a better solution? Something aftermarket?

strokedaddy347

A Lokar Flexable dipstick, you can get them from Summit Racing. Hot Rodders use them for tight engine/header fits, I got one on my Bronco.

Lmfp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lake Charles, LA
Which dipstick? Tranny or engine? I took my tranny dipstick of when i installed and hooked it back uP after. (stock c4 dipstick). As for for the engine dipstick i didnt have an issue with it until i swapped to a 351. Ended up bending it pretty good at the top.

Lmfp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lake Charles, LA
IMG_2852_zps9853f04b.jpg

Look between the booster and valve cover. Its not ideal but it does work.

OP
OP
Unknown

Unknown

Contributor
Thanks, but for now I believe I got it motivated back in. Had to cut off the mounting clip, bend it right and then back left to clear the header tube. It's secure at the moment but I'll need to pull it again, clean/seal the area and likely will do the Lokar then(we're talking oil)

I'm surprised at how much trouble installing long tubes are. The drivers side is a royal PITA - losen both motor mounts, remove clutch assembly, remove front drive shaft, jack up motor, yada yada yada...passenger side rides up against the PTO drive shaft so that will need to be addressed.