• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

UnCuts with Half Doors?

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Debating on where I want to go on my LUBR. Does anyone have any photos of uncut Bronco's with half doors or tube doors? How about no doors? Due to the height of the cage, I will not be able to run a hard top so I will most likely be cutting the window frames off.

Here is mine as of last weekend with the 3.5" lift and 3 leaves removed in the back

20151108_145738_zpsknzewu5l.jpg

Also getting ready for my ProtoFab bumpers

20151108_145330_zpsftfhooun.jpg

Mustangs2

My '75 is not uncut...it has front fenders grafted in on the rear, but it does have custom half doors. (Shaved and frameless)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 216

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I love Broncos uncut with or without doors it really doesn't matter IMO. The original body lines look old school compared to cut with flares.

But with that said what Mustang did by grafting in front fenders into the rear quarters looks really good too. A good buddy did the same on his truck and it turned out great! He to is running the 1/2 door look too!

My '75 is not uncut...it has front fenders grafted in on the rear, but it does have custom half doors. (Shaved and frameless)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 160

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just found another pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 123

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
This is "Hot Tamale" which Jay Blakeslee built for Maria. This is a photo of us passing them on 81 North coming home from Super Cel is 2012 I believe. Doors were shaved, gutted and welded up on top.

Attachments

• jayandmaria.JPG
    jayandmaria.JPG
    291.4 KB · Views: 170
OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
That does look sharp. Debating on wing windows or no wing windows too. Thanks guys

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Just went through all 77 pages of the LUBR thread and there isn't 1 single EB with half doors, vent windows and a family cage

Found some more half doors though

Firedog67:

attachment.php

jimmyv65:

kPGb8Ac.jpg

stevew resto, before and after

picture_202a.jpg

picture_189a.jpg

Dbteak:

IMG_0132.jpg

j.blakeslee:

attachment.php

attachment.php

BIGMH1:

SUMMER_1.jpg

br0nc0xrapt0r:

attachment.php

so.oregon66:

attachment.php

mickphatmac

JefeAZ said:
Just went through all 77 pages of the LUBR thread and there isn't 1 single EB with half doors, vent windows and a family cage....

The vent windows are attached to the removable upper window frames and when you make half doors, and you remove the window frames, you're left with a 2" gap in the front of the vent window by the windshield.

It would look goofy unless you made a special small wing window frame in a triangle.
Also, without the window frame on, the wing window is only held on by 1 bolt in the door.

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Ya I think Ive decided to keep the windows/frames. Ill just paint them to match the cage so they blend in a little better.

77RHINO

There was a red bronco on here a while back that modified the top and rear of the window frame to be removable and they drilled/tapped/added tabs to bolt the top of the removable portion to the vent window frame and down at the rear door shell, so that piece would bolt on/off but leave the rest of the frame/wing window intact. it looked pretty sweet, but I cant remember which thread it was in!