• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Upgrading the B&O sound system

MonsterBIlly

I have had my first edition for a month. I really like it and enjoy driving it. I really on have 2 issues that really bug me. The sound system is the most annoying. Anybody upgraded their b&o system yet? I dont know if speakers will be enough. Can the jbl sound bar be added to the system?

My only other issue is the seats. They are super comfy and the padding is great. However, they are hot. I dont know if its just the leather but man i sweat like a pig while driving. I wish at least the leather was perforated or had a littke air conditioning pioed into them. Its about as cold as it gets in AZ i can only imagine how hot its gonna be in the summer.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
So what is wrong with the B&O sound system? I have that in my Superduty and it sounds great! I didnt go with the high-end sound system in our bronco order I figure you wouldnt hear it that good with the top down anyway.

OP
OP
MonsterBIlly

MonsterBIlly

So what is wrong with the B&O sound system? I have that in my Superduty and it sounds great! I didnt go with the high-end sound system in our bronco order I figure you wouldnt hear it that good with the top down anyway.

It is very flat sounding. I have the highs turned all the way up, base barely above mutral kevel and a littke extra mid and its just flat. No highs, no lows. Its also not very vloud. My wife agrees and she doesnt even listen to music loud. I have a Ram with the infinity system and it kicks butt, our new c8 is also very impressive. I didnt exspect it to sound as good as either of them but did exspect it to sound better than it does.
I am sure the main issue is the acoustics in the vehichle but there is a lot of room for improvement.

I just drove it 13 hours from ohoenix to Denver and as stated, the seats kick ass.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
It looks like your not alone I have seen a few other mentions of the sound system being less than par. I will find out if I ever take delivery of mine!

jawbreaker

I have the B&O system in my Outer Banks. First of all, compared to my 77 EB, I can hear the darn stereo and it sounds pretty darn good! Have the B&O system in my Raptor also. For a truck, the sound system is pretty awesome. No complaints here.