• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Viewing replies through emails?

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
Hey Jon, not so long ago we used to be able to see a reply through our email notifications. Ut allowed us to know who and what was posted without logging into the site.

The same goes for Pm's...now we have to log in to see the message. Anyway to change this back or is it a userCP fix? Thanks, Chuck

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
You should still see the replies to threads in your email notifications.

As for the PM's, the actual text is not included and hasn't been for several years. Two reasons for this;

One is because people would always reply to those emails with their message back to the person. But the reply via email doesn't go to the original sender. It goes to me as admin. I was getting at least a dozen a week and I would always have to reply to explain to the person that they had to visit the site to reply to PM's.

The second reason is related to the first. In one case I saw a PM that I really shouldn't have seen. It was extremely personal to the original sender, but because the person who they sent it to mistakenly replied to the email notification instead of using the PM feature it went to me. At that point I disabled the feature for PM's so that wouldn't happen again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
blazinchuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
Your right jon, I can see the replies in email notifications...it was the Pm's only that didnt work. Ok I can see your points,thanks for responding, chuck

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2