• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

VIN plate question?

RPM289

Where should it be located? Kick panel by drivers door or on the dash? My tub does not have a dash so I need a place for the new data plate to go. Going to get a MARTI report to make sure I get all the info. correct and then order a new data plate from them.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Early broncos on the driver side kick panel later broncos on the glove box door those where the stock locations

OP
OP
R

RPM289

Humm I don't have a glove box or a dash LOL wonder if they will bust me if its on kick panel?

OP
OP
R

RPM289

No VIN tag have bill of sale and tag receipt from last registration. Frame is a 70 frame no correct VIN there. I assume the original tag went with the steel tub when this was built previous owner not sure... they bought it with glass tub but GA DMV tagged it from pwk from New York. According to AL DMV the VIN tag and bill of sale must match where ever it is on vehicle. Figured they would go with frame VIN but not what they are saying.

OP
OP
R

RPM289

I have a dash i can put the new plate on if I can get it in with the monster cage in this truck. :) Where there is a will there is a way!!!