• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WARN HUB, no axle snap ring.

Bustedbroc

Contributor
Just finished D44 axle u-joints on my 74 U15. I noticed when taking apart that there is no axle snap ring for the Warn hubs, only the large outer ring retaining the inner half of the hub assembly. The inner portion will slide into the hub until it stops covering up the snap ring groove on the axle and being close to the outer edge of the disc hub. The outer actuator goes on fine with the 6 screws and works fine. Is this normal? Every video I see shows an axle snap ring. Note that some previous owner had done a disk brake conversion to the truck. I am unfamiliar with Warn hubs. Thanks in advance.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Very normal, with all of the variations of hubs, spindles, axles, lock outs, knuckles, etc., it is completely normal to no only not have the snap ring on the axle, for it to be impossible to install. Now that I’m back to owning a D44, it does not have them either, I physically have them but they will not go on. I haven’t ever run that snap ring on any that I have owned over the years.