• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Water Inlet Elbow

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I always have been using hardware store brass without issues for years on countless projects.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
A good auto part store will have it. I got mine from NAPA. I found several chrome ones at autozone & pep boys type stores but didn't want pimp stuff on my motor.

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
some of the on line early bronco stores have them but they want 17bucs plus shipping pushing the price to 23.. napa and o rielly have them but they usually half to order and will have it the next day for around 10.. the only think is the outside diameter is an exact match but the inside hole/diameter is smaller.. I went ahead and got one anyways and it works fine so far... you will half to take you part in and or know the size of the threads ect.. good luck..

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
The threads in the manifold are 3/8" pipe

I got a replacement at my Brother's auto parts store, felt that it needed to be a little higher off the manifold, short brass nipple and brass coupling... Never saw the stainless bling special ;D

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
You have to have a helpful counter person. The correct name is heater hose elbow, 90*, 5/8" hose, 1/2"" NPT. If you get the one with the 3/8" threaded end you'll have to use a reducer.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The threads in the manifold are 3/8" pipe

I got a replacement at my Brother's auto parts store, felt that it needed to be a little higher off the manifold, short brass nipple and brass coupling... Never saw the stainless bling special ;D

3/8" is for the temp sending unit
1/2" is for the heater hose