• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WCB or Duffs Radius Arms?

OsideDave

My Bronco has West Coast Broncos extended radius arms installed now however I just bought a nicely built complete D44 that came with James Duff radius arms. The JD arms are approx. 5-6" longer and are pretty beefy. Do you guys think its worth the effort to change out the WCB arms for the Duffs? The WCB arms are great and work fine however the Duff arms seem to be highly sought after so I am assuming they are better...?

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
My Bronco has West Coast Broncos extended radius arms installed now however I just bought a nicely built complete D44 that came with James Duff radius arms. The JD arms are approx. 5-6" longer and are pretty beefy. Do you guys think its worth the effort to change out the WCB arms for the Duffs? The WCB arms are great and work fine however the Duff arms seem to be highly sought after so I am assuming they are better...?

I am still stock armed so I am jealous.....

But yes....the Duff arms are superior.

Lmfp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lake Charles, LA
depends on what you want to do. I'm pretty positive the duff arms will outflex the wcb arms but i think the wcb arms were designed more for racing.

Piglet

ive had my eye on a set off duff radius arms for a while but havent pulled the trigger. which ever set you dont use, id be interested in buying.

nickgp

Bronco Guru
I have the four inch over WCB arms. The ride is smooth, plenty of travel and definitely well built. I say if your current set up works, why change?

muskrat

Bronco Guru
Just lent a hand installing a set today on Dllish's rig. Wow are the Duffs arms beefy. Install was very straight forward.

OP
OP
O

OsideDave

Anyone else care to share their thoughts or experience on these arms? Thank you

Whoaa

Bronco Guru
Anyone else care to share their thoughts or experience on these arms? Thank you

I don't have any experience with the WCB arms....wish I did.

I do have a set of the Duffy Radius arms installed on my lifted 77'. They are built hell-for-stout, great design & engineering that works nicely, plus excellent workmanship in the product itself.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Since you already have the WCB arms on, I would just leave them on. You'd probably have to buy a new set of frame brackets, they're not easy to remove without them getting ugly. Sell the Duff arms and recoup some of your money.

If you were deciding on which ones to buy, I'd pick Duff's. In fact, I just bought a set last month. The frame brackets are on, and that's is far as I got.

Mark

No Hay

Bronco Guru
I'll be getting some Duff's extended arms and WH leaf packs with shocks soon. All I see here for the end result is "better ride." Sure would be good to see hard numbers somehow to compare before and after. How much better is it?

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Clearly the design works and lives, but the engineer in me wouldn't let me buy something with a section change placed right at a bend as those arms appear to have. Holy mother of stress risers!
I'm very grateful that the Bronc-up came with "Lars Bars" already installed as that design makes the most sense to me.

beerad

Loc.
rochester mn
I don't have any experience with the WCB arms....wish I did.

I do have a set of the Duffy Radius arms installed on my lifted 77'. They are built hell-for-stout, great design & engineering that works nicely, plus excellent workmanship in the product itself.

R those duff brackets used to mount the backside of the arm to the frame......

Whoaa

Bronco Guru
R those duff brackets used to mount the backside of the arm to the frame......

Yes. They come they come with the arms, brackets, heim joints, bushings, and everything you need for a simple installation. Cut the old mounts off, mock-up the new ones, double check your measurements and glue the new ones in place.
In my case I made a quick call to the experts at Duff to triple ck the accuracy of my measurements before welding them solid...so nice to get that level of customer service!

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Clearly the design works and lives, but the engineer in me wouldn't let me buy something with a section change placed right at a bend as those arms appear to have. Holy mother of stress risers!
I'm very grateful that the Bronc-up came with "Lars Bars" already installed as that design makes the most sense to me.

Having bent one (and continue to use it for over a year) it literally takes a HARD crash to bend it, we nose dropped the bronco off of an 8' tall wall in a competition on an obstaclel I've seen destroy front end housings, fold up links and kill tube chassis'. The real testament is that the bent arm is still in use today on a rig that gets abused mercilessly and severely tests every part under it every time it rolls out of the garage. Its owner still is a believer in the product and has continued to run the bent arm just to see what else it will take.

I am with you though I have a hard time with the bend but there is no arguing its success. And in this situation the arm giving some probably saved the front housing from being destroyed, it was a head on crash to say the least, was VERY violent.

beerad

Loc.
rochester mn
Yes. They come they come with the arms, brackets, heim joints, bushings, and everything you need for a simple installation. Cut the old mounts off, mock-up the new ones, double check your measurements and glue the new ones in place.
In my case I made a quick call to the experts at Duff to triple ck the accuracy of my measurements before welding them solid...so nice to get that level of customer service!

ok then ... makes my choice much clearer now

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
I'd weld on an undersized heavy washer to each side of that bracket and then ream it to size, it looks a little thin to me.